TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wats up everyone,
i bot my 2000 tacoma 4x4 a few months back, and it was all stock... so i saved up some cash and start to make mods. i need some help so if you can help me thank u very much if not... wats up i am new.........

I have a 2000 Tacoma 4x4 with the fabtech 6in lift wit 35in bfg at... i lifted it about 1 month ago and last week i started to hear a rattle in my exhaust. the rattle only occurs when i am hitting the gas and the truck is moving, how ever once i let go of the gas the noise stops.... if i am idleing and hit the gas there is no noise, only when the truck is moving and i am on the gas... The truck looks sweet but the noise is biggin big time.. can any one help??????

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!
Does it sound like it is under you or behind you?
If it is under you, it might be the heat sheild for the cat.
If it is behind you, it might be the muffler.

Or, get a hammer and just get down onto your back and bang around to see if something is loose! ;)

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i thought they started making the 6" fabtech for the 01...?:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
565 Posts
mine did the same thing. it was the muffler and it had rusted out. looked like it had exploded. so had to get a flowmaster

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Help

yea mayn the fabtech 6in lift is like from 98-04 tacoma 3.4.... it look really sweet! its coming from the back somewere.. the only thing i can think of is somethin loose but everything is in great shape nothing look damged at all... i live in Sylmar Ca... with my lift i put 35in tire and i need to regear it up so i can get some power back... any one kno somewere to go around my area? or kno something that can help with my exhust raddle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts