TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I was wondering if a newer model to my 1998 4x4 gas door will fit on my Tacoma.
I dont want to jimmy up a magnet on my gas door but like the look of the newer style.
I priced one at the dealer $38 CDN. Before I order I just want to make sure it will fit.
Part Number 77305-04040

Thanks in advance

Andrew

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Should., Just depends on what locking system you use...

If you have a key, and the new one is a post, you need to change it out.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i just priced one out toyotapartsworld.com and this 15.27 for one.. im think about it tooo now... wanted todo that for a lil bit now.. what color does it come new? primer?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently it will need to be painted. I just want to make sure I do not have to order anything but the part number above.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
I would probably hold off and find one in a Junkyard or wait till someone here is scrapping their bed for a tube bed so you can match your paint beeter and it will be cheaper. And again its a damn fuel door you are going to have 50 bucks or so put into something that you are probably the only person that will ever notice it, unless they see the difference in the paint not matching cause it will be hard to match.

And one more thing what in the heck does the fuel door have to do with the driveline on a tacoma (ie. why did you put it this folder)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is in the "Early Taco Tech Forum".
My lock is broken and the gas flap is flipping and flopping everywhere.
It is only $38 for the door for the newer style. I have a black Tacoma so matching paint is simple. I hate the door jiggin and jaggin everywhere.
i just want to know if there are any other parts I need. I called many jyards and nothing.

Andrew

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
This is in the "Early Taco Tech Forum".
My lock is broken and the gas flap is flipping and flopping everywhere.
It is only $38 for the door for the newer style. I have a black Tacoma so matching paint is simple. I hate the door jiggin and jaggin everywhere.
i just want to know if there are any other parts I need. I called many jyards and nothing.

Andrew
If you question fits in another section other than 4x4 Tech... USE IT.

For example, Exterior would fit pretty darn well here...

Try and use the 4x4 tech sections to any questions that relate to your truck, but do not fit in any other folder.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Well you didn't explain that your thingy was broken and flappin around, so one is to assume you were just some high school weinie that wanted to say look what I did. Also you forgot an important part of your quote "Early Tacoma (4X4) Tech" which means that this folder is supposed to be reserved for drivetrain issues and problems with the 4x4 part of your tuck. Now granted it does seem to be the catch all cause its the first folder everybody sees, and they think huh I have a Tacoma this must be were I put all my questions at. Like NorcalPR said it should have been put in "exterior and body"

Now go fix limp door.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Don't worry about the posting police.... The way I see it, This post is about Tech. and for an early Taco... Besides obviously the "Mods" left it here, and did not move it to the Exterior and body forum. So don't worry about it. Good luck with your mod

1 - 12 of 12 Posts