TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this window switch in my process of converting my 96 Xcab from manual to power windows. I ended up getting a 2 door Master Window Switch which was more appropriate to my vehicle, so Im selling this one. It includes the pigtail. Price is $50/obo. Also for sale is the Mirror switch and pigtail that went with the with the Master Window Switch. Price is $25/obo.
The switch bezel which goes with these switches was never given to me when I bought the switches, so these would be ideal for someone needing to replace their current switches, or someone willing to get the bezel from either a junkyard or the dealer. Email or PM with questions or for shipping quote.

Attachments

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Is it possible to remove the driver door switch and make it "auto"

I'll buy the whole thing if needbe, but just looking at it, think it's feasable?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Is it possible to remove the driver door switch and make it "auto"

I'll buy the whole thing if needbe, but just looking at it, think it's feasable?
This is a Master Window Switch with the drivers side AUTO down feature... so you wont have to do anything to it. If youre asking to me to seperate the individual switch specifically for the Drivers Front Window, then NO, I do not have any intentions of doing so. The switch will be sold as a whole. Let me know if you have any other questions. If you give me your email, I can send you better pictures.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
If you readclosely, I do't have a problem buying the whole thing. I'll split it up when I get it...

What I'm asking is: Is it feasable to remove just the drivers switch to install on the pass side? Are the wires the same for the driver side and pass side windows?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you readclosely, I do't have a problem buying the whole thing. I'll split it up when I get it...

What I'm asking is: Is it feasable to remove just the drivers switch to install on the pass side? Are the wires the same for the driver side and pass side windows?
Im sure its very feasible to pull the Drivers side switch out and put the AUTO down switch into the Passengers window switch. I thought about doing it myself, but I havent been able to get my passenger window switch in my truck to work yet, so I have no intentions of destroying the Double Cab switch unit for a project that may end up being a pointless effort.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
No, it's not possible to do that. I already tried to do it. The switches on the pass side are different. If you still have this, let me know. I will buy it from you. I don't need the mirror switch though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, it's not possible to do that. I already tried to do it. The switches on the pass side are different. If you still have this, let me know. I will buy it from you. I don't need the mirror switch though.
As long as NORCALPR isnt interested any longer, its all yours. I'll PM him and give him an opportunity to respond.

·
Registered
717 Posts
i know that the sequia has the AUTO down feature on both front windows. would it be possible to take those switches from the sequia and install them into the tacoma?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know that the sequia has the AUTO down feature on both front windows. would it be possible to take those switches from the sequia and install them into the tacoma?
If the Switch is the same design, and that it only seems to differ in the fact that it has a AUTO down passenger switch, then it should fit your door panel and switch bezel. But realistically, the only thing you will have to do is make sure you wire in the new pigtail appropriately to your existing wire harness in your door. Im no electrical guru, so this is all just assumption. I've never even seen a Sequoia window switch...

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
I bought a 4 runner one to do just that. It doesn't work either. There are 2 wiring harnesses for the 4 runner switch, and the 01-04 tacomas only have 1. Also, the harness plug on the Tacoma is different.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought a 4 runner one to do just that. It doesn't work either. There are 2 wiring harnesses for the 4 runner switch, and the 01-04 tacomas only have 1. Also, the harness plug on the Tacoma is different.
I know the 4runners have essenstiallly the same number of wires as the 4runner. It probably is just that the 4runner has wires that connect to each other somewhere in the wire loom of the door. Im not sure if that makes sense, but the connections from the door wire harness to the vehicle wire harness are identical between the 4dr Tacoma's and the 4runners. Either way, there should be a way to wire the Tacoma switch into a 4runner and have it work EXACTLY as the 4runner switch, regardless of the number of plugs and wires coming from the switch unit.

Ok, if someone wants to buy this switch, the price is $55 shipped. $80 shipped for both the Master window switch and the mirror switch. I've decided to make it a flat rate shipping fee of $5. 1st person to pay me via Paypal at my account... [email protected] ... the switch will go out the same day as payment received. (This shipping rate is US only. Email for international shipping)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sent :2cents:
Ok... got the email from Paypal. I'll send it out today. Mirror switch is up for grabs still. How bout $28 shipped on the mirror switch.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
I just took mine out. If you disassemble the whole thing it is possible. You just have to desolder the old switches and put in the new one.

The pine lie in the same place. The actual switch denoted whether or not is is auto or not...

I'm going to try and locate one somewhere and do it.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
I just took mine out. If you disassemble the whole thing it is possible. You just have to desolder the old switches and put in the new one.

The pine lie in the same place. The actual switch denoted whether or not is is auto or not...

I'm going to try and locate one somewhere and do it.
well shit bricks then:eek:

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
well shit bricks then:eek:
I think I just found some switches from another member.

Trying it when I get it. Writeup expected!

Pics soon of the switches for clarification

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
I think I just found some switches from another member.

Trying it when I get it. Writeup expected!

Pics soon of the switches for clarification
You know, you can have my old ones for free if you want them. I got the new ones cause I messed up the lock switch, but the window buttons still work fine.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Sure, I'll take um!

Here are some shots of the switches. I'll try and explain the best I can:

The switch in blue is the "auto" switch. The switch in white is the pass switch. Note they are staggared, but the dimentions are the same. The "Throw" on the little pole on the side is the same. This means that the lever has the same ammount of travel. The 5 copper terminals go straight down and are soldered:

Red circles denote the solder points. These are the only points for the switch. Same exact location between the two. The Right side is the driver side, the left side is the pass side. Soldering the driver side may be a bit tricky.

Driver side on right, pass on left. The little hook that hooks onto the switch is the same. The only difference is that the driver side has a window that says "AUTO", and it clicks halfway going down (first denotes just rolling down, all the way down denotes auto)

I think the driver switch is a time delay switch. Now the question lies: Does the auto switch connect to that relay...

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
So technically you could get the switches for all 4 windows to be auto if you F-ed around with the switch enough. Well if you want the old one from my truck, PM me your address and I will send it to you as soon as I get the others from this guy.

The reason I wanted the 4 runner switch is that the front windows are also auto UP. That would be pretty bad ass.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
I have to look into the circuit more and see if it's feasable. All depends how the stich operates.

I have a feeling the switch is about the same, the only difference is that the auto passes through the relay and the pass side does not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts