TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to replace my timing belt and a leaking water pump. The front is ready to be put back together, except I can’t find the torque specs for the fan bracket. There isn’t a single torque spec I can find for the top bolt and the nut on the right side of the fan bracket in the service manual. I also can’t find the torque spec for the nut that mounts the power steering pump belt adjustment bracket to the fan bracket. I know the power steering pump pivot bold torque and the lock adjustment nut once you’ve tightened the belt. I just don’t know about the other nut that tightens to the fan bracket. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not listed in any of the FSMs. Use your best judgement is my advice.
It’s kinda odd that there isn’t a torque spec for something that has a lot of torque being applied to it from the belts pulling on it and the fan spinning.

On a side note, there may be a misprint in the service manual. For the crank pulley bolt, I have seen two different torque specs for that bolt in the manual. One is 185 ft lbs and the other is 217 ft lbs. which is correct? Both specs were for the 5vz-fe. I did torque mine to 217 ft lbs, but I’m worried that it’s way too much of a torque on the bolt and crank shaft.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,464 Posts
It’s kinda odd that there isn’t a torque spec for something that has a lot of torque being applied to it from the belts pulling on it and the fan spinning.

On a side note, there may be a misprint in the service manual. For the crank pulley bolt, I have seen two different torque specs for that bolt in the manual. One is 185 ft lbs and the other is 217 ft lbs. which is correct? Both specs were for the 5vz-fe. I did torque mine to 217 ft lbs, but I’m worried that it’s way too much of a torque on the bolt and crank shaft.
217 ft-lbs is correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts