TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2001 4runner 4x4 that was throwing a code for a shift solenoid, replaced that shift solenoid with the OEM part from Toyota and of course that didn't fix the issue, had it looked at by a friend in the business who says its just straight "burnt up". So, looking for a USED replacement, hoping to find one in a junkyard or something, anyone know any good places to look?

It is the standard A340f so anything from a Tundra, Sequoia, Tacoma, etc should work as well (to my knowledge)...

·
Registered
947 Posts
car-parts.com is where i found mine used tranny. Shift solenoid went out on mine as well. Curious to know how many miles you had on it?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
car-parts.com is where i found mine used tranny. Shift solenoid went out on mine as well. Curious to know how many miles you had on it?
178,000. It is throwing a solenoid code, but the solenoid has been replaced by the OEM part from Toyota. Still throws the same code. The PO flushed the transmission about 1000 miles before i bought it....stupid thing to do with that many miles on it IMO.

Out of curiosity what did you pay for yours?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts