TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple of years ago I got tired of the maintenance on my early generation SAW coilvers and decided I'd throw on some OME's with Bilstein 5100's. I swapped things out and the upper spindle mount contacts the coils during droop even on parking lot speed bumps. As such I can barely even mall crawl with this thing. Life got in the way(home renovations) and never got around to dealing with this.

What's the solution for this? Some new upper control arms? Which? I think the 5" TC lift wasn't real common, will that be a concern with how new control arms change the geometry? (i.e. can it get a proper alignment afterwards)

Invoice from wheeler's for these parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like you are over extending your downtravel. Might consider limit straps. The contact is with the spindle arm, so aftermarket UCAs won't solve this issue.
Hey showstop. Thanks for the reply. I hadn't really considered that I might be overextending the downtravel though I probably should have. I just swapped the SAWs for the OMEs and thought I was riding about the same height so figured all was good that way. Suppose I could adjust the spring seats on the 5100's to reduce the ride height and maybe keep the spindle arm from hitting the springs at least when driving around town?

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi
do you have the billsteins on 0 ?
if not you need to put them on 0
I have a similar setup but ome springs for 2 1/2" lift and Billsteins 5100's ( 2007 tacoma )
I remember reading that any lift over 3" would need aftermarket Uca's ( and maybe lca's too? ) because of clearance issues. that's why i went with the 2 1/2" lift springs, to keep cost down
hope that helps, it's been a couple years since i did it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts