TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my All Pro front bumper and I have taken everything off the front of the truck. I am trying to bolt up the new bumper but it seems like where the old bumper bracket attatched to the frame is keeping the bumper from sliding back far enough to line up with all the holes. I thought about just cutting them shorter, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem before I cut them. From my understanding the 2001 doesn't require any modifications to install.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's the piece. I'll give it a try when I get home and I'll let ya know how that goes. Thanks for the info.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I thought 2001 models already had the shorter frame horns :confused:

I do know that there were caps on the ends that need be removed.

but I thought the shortening of the frame rail horns were only required for '98-'00 models ? :dunno:

·
Registered
946 Posts
What I don't understand is why companies just don't design the bumpers to use the longer frame of the 98-00, instead of making the customer cut the frame shorter? Seems like they could have had a spacer for the 01-04's to add length instead.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I thought it was supposed to bolt up with no cutting too, I just took a Plasma cutter to the bracket and took maybe an inch off leaving enough space for the welded nut and everything lined up perfectly. Strange though since its a 2001 and all.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
I thought 2001 models already had the shorter frame horns :confused:

I do know that there were caps on the ends that need be removed.

but I thought the shortening of the frame rail horns were only required for '98-'00 models ? :dunno:
It's not the frame horns he was referring to.
It was the "arrow" on the front of the bumper mount that is integrated with the body mount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts