TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, A friend of mine and I were talking one afternoon thinking about how we were going to attempt to fix the "torn apart" core support and since I had plenty of tubing we both decided it was time just to ditch the core support entirely and start building the cage. I owe a huge thanks to my friend Eric Stolz (Tempt Media, be sure to check out his insane offroad videos). Well after cutting off the core support and gutting the interior we started taking measurements and started with the engine cage first. We made some changes along the way, but for the most part everything is coming together very well and I'm stoked to see the progress. I'm open to ideas and comments so let me know what you think. Eric and I have done most of the work, but we've also had a good amount of help from Steve Fike (Socalmoto), Mike James (CentralCoast99) and my friend Justin Yager. Big thanks and recognition for all the help and input. By the way the truck has a Total Chaos long travel kit with spindle gusset, King 2.5" 8" coilovers, tubed front and rear bumper, deavers with 12" shackle, King 2.5 Remote Reservoir smooth bodies and a simple bedcage (which is cut out and going up for sale).

We changed the outside tubes instead of meeting in the middle, we decided to keep one bend right where the cross tube is and notch the tube into the front "X" brace. I'll update pics when I can.

This is really the only picture of the truck I had before it went into surgery :saw:

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's about time! I always wondered what the holdup was. :) You just gotta dive in and make it priority. That Dynamat only slows you down and costs money though. Good job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I'm at work today, my friend Eric started running the tube out the back of the cab. We're planning on working for a few hours tonight after I get off work. I will update more pics when I get home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another day/night of hard work done by Eric. I was able to meet up later this evening to help get the back tube lined up but for the most part Eric worked by himself. I'm honestly amazed at how much he got accomplished today with how everything lined up! Here's some more updated pics from today before the rain. Looks like the rain is going to keep us from working on it again til Saturday.

Thanks again Eric!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's some more updated pics from the last few days. Since the time change, its a little harder to work after I get off work because its been getting very cold, but Eric has been killing it during the day getting one tube in after another. I'm stoked on how well its turning out. Thanks again Eric!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know its been awhile since I've had a good update on my Tacoma, but its back in progress. The truck was trailered up to a good friend of mine (Socalmoto/DIRT Designs) to get some more work finished up. The truck is getting the bedsides, front fenders, hood, grill, headlights, fuse box and radiator mounted. Steve moved the shackle pivot down through the frame from over the top because the truck was just sitting way to low. That gave it about 2" of lift to pretty much level out the truck. He also mounted my Twisted Stitch Pro Seats. He also is planning on patching up the holes in the floor and if time permits complete the lightbar for 5 Baja Designs Soltek Lights. He's doing an amazing job as always. If anyone is looking for an amazing fabricator...hands down, Steve (Socalmoto) is the man! Here's some pics on the progress...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For right now, I'm going to use stock dash. I know the gauges will definitely have a hard time fitting with that tube running across but I'll get something to work for the time being.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know it's been awhile since I updated this thread on the Tacoma build, but here's the progress so far...New additions include:

2.5" King 16" Double Bypasses, Lightbar over the cab fabricated by Steve Fike at Dirt Designs, 5 Baja Design Soltek HID lights, Yukon 4.88 Gears with Master Install Kit. 2 Twisted Stitch Pro Seats with Trek Armor 5 Point Harnesses, 32 Gallon JAZ fuel cell, Russell AN fittings, filter, fuel hose, Walbro Pump, Wilwood Brake Proportioning Valve, Rear facing lightbar. Fabrication on the fuel cell and rear facing lightbar done by Las Vegas Dezert Fab. Big thanks to everyone that has helped me along with this build!! Eric Stolz at Tempt Media, Dirt Designs, Mike at Poly Performance, Allen at Randy's Ring and Pinion, Brad at JAZ Fuel Cells, Austin and Adem at Las Vegas Dezert Fab, Khris from TPF Racing, and David at Best Muffler Shop here in Vegas. I'm planning on making it to the Toys 4 Tots Race in Barstow on the 7th of December. (I won't be racing, pit support for Justin Yager "PINYOTA").

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
The cage is very smoothly integrated. Looks like a new truck caged from the factory

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The cage is very smoothly integrated. Looks like a new truck caged from the factory
Thank you! It was built with my friend Eric Stolz from Tempt Media and a few other friends that helped. I'm very happy with how it turned out! Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You should box in the frame in the back.
Thanks for suggestion! I was planning on it. I'm getting rid of the stock LSVP distribution block and installing a Wilwood proportioning valve. The plan is to reinforce/plate the frame when that gets completed.

I noticed you live in Vegas?!? I'm off Eastern and St. Rose. Where are you in Vegas?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts