TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 01 tacoma trd with 54000 miles on it with 35s. I am close to moab so will be wheeling it a lot. I would like to get rid of the 3in blocks in the back and at the same time lower the front a little if possible.

I was thinking allpro 98-04 Tacoma Rear Leaf Springs - 5" lift...I am guessing this will lower it an 1inch or more in back so how could i get the front lowered to match the rear? It has a fabtech lift. Thanks and is this the right route to go?

·
Registered
741 Posts
i think you are going to have a little trouble trying to lower the fabtech lift, it is not really adjustable. i assume it is the same sort of thing as the pro comp but i haven't actually looked underneath a fabtech.

The drop bracket lift keeps the stock geometry of the truck, and most of the lift is coming out of the drop bracket and spacers.

Austin

·
Registered
42 Posts
leave it the way it is and add 37's

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
leave it the way it is and add 37's
Yeah, gotta be real good for the cv's :rolleyes:

IMHO, keep the tires. The smaller the better (for IFS)

Add sliders and do protection.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
take off the 3" body lift.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
take off the 3" body lift.

I was thinking about that but am not sure if the tires would rub and i also need a hi jack to do that. Bu sliders for sure. and i am not sure if it is regeared or not yet but the spedo is off by a mile so i will have to regear it if its not already. But how do you think the allpro 5in lift leaf springs would look in the back? BAck to low? Cause i want to get rid of the blocks.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
get the leafs....run them for awhile with some weight in the bed. after they have settled get lift shackels to compensate.
But if your really gonna wheel that thing save your money and either get a different smaller lift...or put a solid front axel on that thing and armor it up;) not saying SFA is the solution but the fabtech isnt the best for wheeling.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
get the leafs....run them for awhile with some weight in the bed. after they have settled get lift shackels to compensate.
But if your really gonna wheel that thing save your money and either get a different smaller lift...or put a solid front axel on that thing and armor it up;) not saying SFA is the solution but the fabtech isnt the best for wheeling.
Nice idea about the sas but i dont wheel it enough to do that. Im lucky to go once every 3 months but thats for a good long wheeling trip of 2-4 days.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is their anyway to find out what gearing my taco has without taking the diff apart? And are new gears an pinion easy to install? Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
who did you buy this from? I know the last two owners from a few years ago. It used to have 36 iroks on like 20's. WHere are yuou located?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
you don't need a hi lift to remove the 3" BL, just a few buddies. I've seen 35's run on 3" of lift, you'll be fine with 6"

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would ditch that BL as well. Shouldn't be to bad and tires should fit no problem.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
who did you buy this from? I know the last two owners from a few years ago. It used to have 36 iroks on like 20's. WHere are yuou located?
I bought it from Nathan who lives in clearfield Utah and I live in Ogden. Do you have pics of what it used to look like and do you have any more info on it? Thanks. I heard it used to be a show truck

·
Registered
233 Posts
YEah it used to be owned by a guy who worked on HAFB. I used to work up there. I know it has been sold many times.. I have even seen it for sale at a dealership in clearfiend a few years ago. DOes it have a STS turbo.. for some reason that is what i remember. I know it has the 6inch fab with 3inch body and it used to have the 36 13.5 iroks on 20's and the rocker pabels are rhino lined. Let me look for some old posts of it. It was also for sale on ebay for a while. I am in kaysville.. we should meet up

·
Registered
233 Posts
you live in north or south ogden.. the pic looks like north.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice idea about the sas but i dont wheel it enough to do that. Im lucky to go once every 3 months but thats for a good long wheeling trip of 2-4 days.
you live in north or south ogden.. the pic looks like north.
South ogden. I go wheeling in moab a lot. It doesn't have turbo but it has a cold air intake ...venom controller and a magnaflow exhaust and then today when i was installing my sound system i found 3 huge 1 gauge wires that used to go to some killer system. Accoriding to carfax it was leased for a while and i am the 4th owner.

·
Registered
233 Posts
could not find any old posts. they may have been on the old site. PM me with a number and name and i will contact you and we can meet up.. check out each others rides and hit the trails

1 - 20 of 22 Posts