TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trail Ready - 2001 Tacoma SR5 Double Cab (SLC, UT)

Front Suspension: 8 Travel King Coilovers with Remote Reservoir, Limit Straps, Total Chaos Upper Control Arms, Cornfed Diff Drop (a must for a lifted truck), Manual Hubs

Rear Suspension: Alcan Leafsprings with Bilstein 5150 On-board Reservoir Shocks

Bumper and Sliders by Badland Bumpers
Energy Suspension Polyurethane bushings throughout
Hayden transmission cooler
Stainless Steel Brake lines
285/76/16 BFGoodrich ATs (Full size spare)
Canvas topper by softtopper.com
Rhino liner bed liner
Tinted windows
Hella fog lights
PIAA wiper blades

VIN: 5TEHN72N51Z854375
Milage: 56500

Would consider trades for a 100 series cruiser, otherwise I will entertain serious offers.

$17,900 obo

Chris 801.879.6962

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
ckkone said:
Front Suspension: 8 Travel King Coilovers with Remote Reservoir, Limit Straps, Total Chaos Upper Control Arms, Cornfed Diff Drop (a must for a lifted truck), Manual Hubs

nice truck goodluck,

Manual hubs + diff drop = useless ADD + diff drop = some help..

manual hub diffs dont spin the cv's 100% of the time so no need for diff drop on street.. Trail wise your suspension will cycle regardless and rub cv fins time to time depending on lift so again pointless.

diff drop is ideal on a lifted ADD truck to try to help eliminate the fins rubbing while on street. offroad again is useless

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Can you explain the suspension to me? I was looking at it in the 'Mud classifieds last week and don't exactly understand the suspension system so I posted about it here in OT. We don't usually run that type of set-up here so I'm a little unclear about it. Benefits? How much extra maintenance etc? How beat is the truck? Thanks. ...Steve

·
Registered
167 Posts
ckkone said:
Not a TRD, so no locker.

Truck is not beat, its a weekend driver.

Best I can tell you about the suspension is to visit Kings web site http://www.kingshocks.com/perfkits_tundra.php

nice truck! too bad your so far away..lol

but i was curious to how much the kings were? ive been on the site but couldnt find c/o with remote resevoir?? only for the f150.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The remote resevoir can be added to most if not all of their coilovers. Would set you back $1200 - $1600 depending who you know for the front coilovers with resevoirs. Mind you the resevoirs are cheap compared to the actual coilover. I think donahue makes a similar setup for the taco.

·
838 Posts
Are you still selling? I sent a PM but have not gotten a response...I have a VERY interested buyer and we can pick it up from you or meet half way if all goes well.

Check your PMs

·
838 Posts
Hello? I have an interested buyer for you with $$$. She really likes/wants your truck, but you are not responding. I have sent 2 PMs and left 2 voicemails on the number you posted, and now posted here 2x Please respond ASAP.

Doug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
ckkone
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing