TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of swapping a 5spd into my 02 3.4 tacoma. Currently the tranny is out. Somehow when doing the rear main the oil pan seal started leaking out the side. So I pulled out the diff and dropped the pan. A bolt right on the front corner of the oil pan broke flush from being seized. Should I just run it as is or will it leak? To fix it I would have to pull the motor you can't get to it with a drill otherwise. I would have to cut the exhaust out and really on a time constraint. Truck is my DD lol. Also might need wiring help when the time comes. Heres a pic of where I stopped last night. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
You could try slapping a heap of permatex on it and see how you fare.

Another trick you can sometimes use to get flush broken bolts and studs out is to put a small nut over the broken off end, then tack weld the inside of the nut to the broken stud so you can use the nut to wrench out the broken bolt. The heat from welding should also help loosen the bolt if it's frozen in there although I can't imagine an oil pan bolt getting frozen in place.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ended up playing to safe and pulling the motor to helicoil it. Didn't want to turn around and do it all over again. So far its leak free

1 - 3 of 3 Posts