TTORA Forum banner
821 - 840 of 864 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
AWESOME, DUDE!! I am so happy to hear that you've finished it and are driving it around! Loooooooong time coming, lol. Pretty fun to drive this truck with a stick, huh? :D

Congrats, and welcome to the club!

Jeff

PS: I take it the ECU connections went OK, and you don't have any CELs?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #822 ·
AWESOME, DUDE!! I am so happy to hear that you've finished it and are driving it around! Loooooooong time coming, lol. Pretty fun to drive this truck with a stick, huh? :D

Congrats, and welcome to the club!

Jeff

PS: I take it the ECU connections went OK, and you don't have any CELs?
Didn't do the ECU swap yet. Maybe sunday or next thursday. But yes... Super fun to drive!!! Still a lot of little things left to do.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
:xozzy: Looks good Dang! I have been poking around looking for 4.7L, If i find one, Im going to need You, your brother, and Jeff to come to the East Coast and help me out!

Really though, Super clean work!

·
Registered
5 Posts
First off, I want to say this is the most helpful thread.

Second, I have a question. I have a excab 2.7l I am swapping my auto transmission for a 5sp. Do I need a different transmission dust shield for the manual transmission(W59)?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a excab 2.7l I am swapping my auto transmission for a 5sp. Do I need a different transmission dust shield for the manual transmission(W59)?
Transmission dust shield? Do you mean the bell housing? Something else? If it's bell housing, yes, you'll need one for a manual trans. I'm blanking on what you mean by "dust shield," so maybe post a pic? Sorry.

·
Registered
473 Posts
IIRC, I was able to reuse that part when I did my conversion on my 3.4 V6. I don't think that part changes between AT and MT. Maybe someone with a 2.7 will weigh in?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #834 ·
IIRC, I was able to reuse that part when I did my conversion on my 3.4 V6. I don't think that part changes between AT and MT. Maybe someone with a 2.7 will weigh in?
x2 I also reused mine during my swap. If the bell housing bolts up the same I don't see why Toyota would make a different cover.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

I have.. had... A 2.7. The cover is the same from the AT to the MT. Im now running (almost) a V shaped dual 4 cyl backed by a 3.4L trans and tcase

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you swap your ECU and put one in from a manual will that change your millage reading? Don't want to swap a ECU with High millage into a low mile truck.

That's a very reasonable question.

I didn't notice any mileage change following my ECU swap, but that didn't even occur to me until you asked this question. It's possible the ECU I swapped had similar mileage to my old one, but I think the memory for the odometer lives with the speedo/gauge cluster, not the ECU. It 's a good question.

821 - 840 of 864 Posts