TTORA Forum banner
841 - 860 of 864 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
Awesome thread! Hopefully one day I can go 4x4 too! :D
Start collecting parts now and before you know it you'll have everything you need. I did 1-2 parts a month while in community college and working. I'm at CSULB now and I can just enjoy my truck.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Start collecting parts now and before you know it you'll have everything you need. I did 1-2 parts a month while in community college and working. I'm at CSULB now and I can just enjoy my truck.
Nice job man. I like when people just build what they want instead of trading their truck in on a 4x4. Now you know how to fix it if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #845 ·
I'm starting to get mad. Where's SafetyDang TV?:D
After finals :p

Nice job man. I like when people just build what they want instead of trading their truck in on a 4x4. Now you know how to fix it if something goes wrong.
Thanks Wyatt! Once I'm done with my BS degree I'll start collecting for SAS... One part at a time :D

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I get nothing when I click on those. For real I'm only playing. I love SafetyDang TV but I'm not trying to break your balls.

Aloha:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, the only thing that would kinda suck is that I'd have to keep it auto because no one else in the family drives manual and my little bro borrows the truck every few weeks.

I do have a 77 Celica I could do auto->manual swap on, but that probably won't happen until after I'm done with school. Got to get it up and running again first. Did you complete the Toyota program you were in? What field are you studying at CSULB?

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Yeah, the only thing that would kinda suck is that I'd have to keep it auto because no one else in the family drives manual and my little bro borrows the truck every few weeks.

I do have a 77 Celica I could do auto->manual swap on, but that probably won't happen until after I'm done with school. Got to get it up and running again first. Did you complete the Toyota program you were in? What field are you studying at CSULB?
Time to learn how to drive manual transmission! Even though my reply is late.:p;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
manual hubs with ABS

Hey Dang, I've been lurking on TTORA and TacomaWorld for years and your truck is one of my favorites. Seems like I read somewhere that you kept ABS when you converted from ADD to manual hubs. If that was you, how did you do it? Is it as simple as getting freewheel hub bearings pressed into ABS spindles? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #856 ·
Hey Dang, I've been lurking on TTORA and TacomaWorld for years and your truck is one of my favorites. Seems like I read somewhere that you kept ABS when you converted from ADD to manual hubs. If that was you, how did you do it? Is it as simple as getting freewheel hubs pressed into ABS spindles? Thanks!
Snorkie was the one that did it. Press in manual hub bearings into a add spindle.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
ADD to manual hubs with ABS

This WAS fairly low on my list of mods I wanted to do, but I just got a complete non-ADD front end for cheap. I won't need the non-ABS steering knuckles and the diff isn't the same ratio as my truck, but I'm way excited to get the manual locking hubs, non-ADD axle tube and CV axles all in one shot. Now I'm going to willpower a used set of SCS F5 wheels to come my way...

·
Registered
18 Posts
front diff

Hey,
You found a 4:10 front diff?
I have a 2003 DC same as yours pre conversion adn I believe it has a 4:10 in the rear.
I've been trying to find a 4:10 for the front for my conversion. cant find one. Any info?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I found a 4:10 front diff for mine. It came from a 2000 Taco standard cab auto V6. Got it through a local wrecker...uh, 5 or so years ago when I did my conversion.

HTH,

Jeff

841 - 860 of 864 Posts