TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Researching Dana 44 axles and thought I found a deal but um...no
Well any help full advice about finding a dana 44 since I've already posted this and had to edit it for lack of common sense.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I'll start with the standard info.... I'm thinking your truck is a 2002...or Tacoma anyways... these trucks have the front driveline offset to the driver's side, so you'll be looking for a 'driver side drop' axle-unless you've got a hankering to also change your transfercase to a passenger side drop..? Another consideration is width... keeping similar to your rear axle is something to strive for... something says you have a 12 bolt rear in mind? Full size truck axles? Tire size? Some searching around will yield an axle that will fit your parameters... THEN you get to go find an axle or donor vehicle.

I kept things fairly simple for 35's... I kept the rear E-Lock, and used a Grand Wagoneer D44 ('80-'89) that was driver-drop 61" WMS (or so..)....

Good luck, have fun, and good luck with the keyboard :D

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a list of other vehicles that came with a DANA 44 but I do not have their WMS or if they are driver side drop but from the info I've gathered everyone seems to love the Wagoneer D44 from similar year models as you've explained and where I live I can't seem to find one, as of now.
Thanks
All so to everyone in TTORA I've gained new family to my lonely Taco.
We now have a 2007 FJ Loaded, but the best deal of the month is I paid this kid 500 bucks for 2 Toyota Pickups both 85. One is x-cab and one is single cab, both had blown engines from lack of knowlege on the 22Rs and stupidity.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I have a list of other vehicles that came with a DANA 44 but I do not have their WMS or if they are driver side drop but from the info I've gathered everyone seems to love the Wagoneer D44 from similar year models as you've explained and where I live I can't seem to find one, as of now.
Thanks
All so to everyone in TTORA I've gained new family to my lonely Taco.
We now have a 2007 FJ Loaded, but the best deal of the month is I paid this kid 500 bucks for 2 Toyota Pickups both 85. One is x-cab and one is single cab, both had blown engines from lack of knowlege on the 22Rs and stupidity.

There is a guy by me who has a wagoneer axle for sale the one you need to swap onto your tacoma for 200 $ only drawback is u gotta come pick it up

Houston, Texas

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Problem where exactly I will bring cash. I could do it possibly soon say wed or fri? Let me know!!!!!! you can contact me via email [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts