TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone,

My tacoma wont start. I just replaced the starter thinking thats what the problem was and the symptoms still remain the same! when i turn the key i hear one solid click, and thats it. i tried starting it 100 times at least and havent been able to get it started with either the stock starter or the new one i just installed. I also tried starting it while hooked up to another battery... no luck. anyone have any suggestions? my truck is pretty far out of town im hopin that i can figure it out on my next trip out there. its a 2004 3.4l tacoma and its always ran like a top, but it does have over 200k miles so i wouldnt be surprised if something went finally died.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Try putting the truck in neutral, if it's an automatic.

You can try jumping the starter relay. Pull the top of the relay off, get a piece of wire, and touch the two pieces until the truck starts. Make sure the truck is on the on position.

I had this problem in my 5 lug when it wouldn't start. Turns out the neutral starter switch was bad, and that's how I had to start it until I ended up getting rid of it before my last deployment......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts