TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A picture is worth a thousand words...

Notice temp plates... :D


stuck good


burned exhaust valves cylinders 1 and 3, result of lack of maintenance on the 3rz-fe by the previous owner


overhauled head due to burned valves above


intake manifold after ultrasonic cleaning bath


beware aftermarket head gasket sets... wrong intake mani to head gasket for the California emissions model 3rz-fe, had to buy the ingle oval port gasket from dealer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After much pondering.... lift and tires

So I decided to perform a 63" chevy spring swap with springs from a 1992 Chevy 1500 2x4 pickup. I used custom cut front spring mounts and shackles, U-bolt flip with custom plates, and followed it with OME 881 coils in the front and Bilstein 5100 all around. Of course I had to fabricate some lower shock mounts for the rear. Other obvious and necessary upgrades include: longer rear break hose, break proportioning bracket extension and exhaust chop. I also bought 15x8 Pro Comp 1079 wheels and fitted them with 32x11.5R15 Kumho MT tires.

Right side is of with my trusty nephew Matt standing by


Stock spring mount lopped off due to a seized bolt. Both are eventually coming completely off.


New rubber break hose


passenger side is on


6" SS shackles courtesy of my friend Mirek.


both springs fitted


and the dramatic results prior to front lift.


first flex shot

to be continued....
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top