TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well on my sisters camry , some queer hit her mirror off the first time on purpose, but just today someone hit it and just drove off, the reason i said this was becuase the first mirror had to replaced costed 300 bucks, i said they overcharged her, but my mom says no(she trusts them), so my question is are there any other mirrors that will fit the 03 camry or just genuine toyota mirrors?

thanks-david

·
Registered
155 Posts
eBay has like, fifty bijillion different mirrors. You will end up paying more for OEM, but there are several aftermarket ones that will fit. Just get the paint code from the car and paint it yourself or have a shop do it for far cheaper than $300.00. I broke the mirror off of my girlfriends Camry and it was $120.00 and it was powered, heated, and painted.

There's something about Camry side mirrors that cause them to be suicidal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can't speak for the aftermarket ones, but the most a Toyota mirror should cost is $240. That is assuming it is heated, powered, and color keyed. Most of them are just power and color keyed which should run $198 retail (I am sure they can be found cheaper on the net). They are pretty simple to install also, just pop the bezel off the inside of the door and they studs for the mirror are right there.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Was it $300 just for the part, or $300 to be fully installed? Also.. does it have a painted shell?

I had to replace my sideview on my G35 last summer because some prick broke it off maliciously with his arm and I called a dealer out of curiousity just to see what they charged to fix it.... they said $650. It had a painted shell. I ordered the part online real cheap, took my old mirror completely apart, and put my original painted shell on the new mirror housing, and the whole ordeal only ended up costing me $125 since I did the work myself and didn't have to pay for new paint.

New Side-View mirrors are really expensive these days. Especially if they are painted and are heated with power movement capabilities. Maybe you can find one in a junkyard if you luck out(doubtful there'd be many newer camrys in a junkyard though), but I'm sure the boneyard operator will try to charge you nearly as much as you could buy the part for online.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
partyman66 said:
Was it $300 just for the part, or $300 to be fully installed? Also.. does it have a painted shell?

I had to replace my sideview on my G35 last summer because some prick broke it off maliciously with his arm and I called a dealer out of curiousity just to see what they charged to fix it.... they said $650. It had a painted shell. I ordered the part online real cheap, took my old mirror completely apart, and put my original painted shell on the new mirror housing, and the whole ordeal only ended up costing me $125 since I did the work myself and didn't have to pay for new paint.

New Side-View mirrors are really expensive these days. Especially if they are painted and are heated with power movement capabilities. Maybe you can find one in a junkyard if you luck out(doubtful there'd be many newer camrys in a junkyard though), but I'm sure the boneyard operator will try to charge you nearly as much as you could buy the part for online.

its 300 for a new mirror and for their labor, but the mirror isnt heated, just powered and color coded.

is putting a new miror on preety easy, becuase right now they just put some really strong weatherproof adhesive glue on.

thanks
-david

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Not sure how hard it is to do it on a Camry, or what your level of technical abilities/experience are with working on cars.... but when I did the work on my G35, I was able to figure the entire thing out and fix it without any instructions/guidance.

You may have to unplug each pin from the wiring harness that goes to the mirror though in order to feed the wires back through the wire passageways in the mirrors base if your plan was to do what I did and swap shells between the 2 mirrors, because on my car that plug connector was way too big to fit through those passageways.

I don't think it would be that hard for you, but set aside about 2 hours to figure it out so you don't rush yourself and break anything. Also be very careful when taking off the inner fascia of your door panel, because there are a ton of wires and things connected to it that go to the door frame itself. You probably won't want to disconnect them all if they are long enough to leave intact without stretching or bending anything by leaving it resting on the seat of the car or on the ground near the door.

I'd bet that if you looked online for a Camry forum, you could probably find some instructions from someone else who has done this same sort of thing on their car and could offer you more specific instructions for that particular vehicle than I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
partyman66
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing