TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2003 V6 DCab Prerunner 4x4

Converting it to V8 2003 DCab Prerunner 4x4

Had these parts for the conversion for a while in my garage, but no time to convert it yet.

Bought my 2uz a while back. Been sitting in my garage waiting for installation

Here is my V8 4x4 automatic tranny to mate to my 2uz.

This is my ECU. Yup, I know it's a 4x2 ECU and not a 4x4 ECU, but I converted my truck from 2wd to 4wd. Everything is old school 4wd (manual locking hubs & diff with no actuator). Less wires to wire up!!!! :)

My V8 tach I'm going to use!

Piece of wire cowl to go to my V8 tach that I'm going to splice into my taco dash wire cowl.

Transfer case (tc) (no pic because it's still on my taco): will use my taco tc with my V8 4x4 auto tranny. That way I'll still have a manually shifted tc instead of a push button tc.

More pieces are on their way through the mail! Will post them when they get here! Hope to start my conversion sometime this summer (going on vacation soon)! That's it for now...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
YES!!!!!! I love pictures!!!! I cant wait to see your swap start!!!:D

Maybe we will both have our swaps running by our Birthday!

BTW- A v8 4runner air box should fit really nice. The Tundra air box is way to tall.

This is a 4.7 with a v8 4runner air box and intake in a 98 Tacoma.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
YES!!!!!! I love pictures!!!! I cant wait to see your swap start!!!:D

Maybe we will both have our swaps running by our Birthday!

BTW- A v8 4runner air box should fit really nice. The Tundra air box is way to tall.

This is a 4.7 with a v8 4runner air box and intake in a 98 Tacoma.

Haha. Hopefully, we'll have it done by our birthdays. Can't wait to start working on it when I get back from my vacation.

Thanks! I don't have to hack into my Tundra air box! Can't believe I forgot about the 03 V8 4runner! Yeah, the air box should fit in our tacos! It's much of a cleaner install this way. Looks like I have to cut out a new air cleaner hole in my fender (my taco air cleaner hole is more towards the front) and swap out the MAF sensors so the plugs will match my Tundra engine. Anyhoo, thanks again!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Haha. Hopefully, we'll have it done by our birthdays. Can't wait to start working on it when I get back from my vacation.

Thanks! I don't have to hack into my Tundra air box! Can't believe I forgot about the 03 V8 4runner! Yeah, the air box should fit in our tacos! It's much of a cleaner install this way. Looks like I have to cut out a new air cleaner hole in my fender (my taco air cleaner hole is more towards the front) and swap out the MAF sensors so the plugs will match my Tundra engine. Anyhoo, thanks again!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 03-04 4runner 2uz uses the same MAF as the 00-04 Tundra and Sequoia 2uz's. I mean think about it... Why redesign something when its already working? I looked at my local parts store and the p/n was the same from the 02 Tundra MAF to the 03 4runner MAF. Your motor is an 03 right? So I would just about bet they are the same.

I just bought a complete intake from an 03 4Runner. It should be here Thursday. Maybe it will still have the MAF and I can see??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 03-04 4runner 2uz uses the same MAF as the 00-04 Tundra and Sequoia 2uz's. I mean think about it... Why redesign something when its already working? I looked at my local parts store and the p/n was the same from the 02 Tundra MAF to the 03 4runner MAF. Your motor is an 03 right? So I would just about bet they are the same.

I just bought a complete intake from an 03 4Runner. It should be here Thursday. Maybe it will still have the MAF and I can see??
Okay, I looked at the FSM for my engine (which is an 03 Tundra 2uz) and the 03 V8 4runner 2uz. I looked at both the MAF plugs for the 03 2uz Tundra and 4 runner. They're the same. But when I looked at the components lists for both vehicles, on the air box for the 03 2uz Tundra the MAF is on it while on the 03 4runner 2uz air box it says it says "throttle with motor body assembly connector". After looking at the two diagrams, I thought I needed to swap that piece out and put my 03 Tundra MAF piece in place of it. I not sure (don't have a complete 03 V8 4runner 2uz). I might be wrong.

Yeah, after you suggested using the 03 4runner air box, I ordered the complete thing too. haha. It's on it's way. We'll see if I'm wrong either way. haha. Again, thanks for the suggestion and looking out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Not breaking news...but my V8 fuel pump came today or the entire assembly. Originally, only wanted the pump, but the entire assembly was so cheap, I bought it. Haha. One step closer...that's it for now.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

Not breaking news...but my V8 fuel pump came today or the entire assembly. Originally, only wanted the pump, but the entire assembly was so cheap, I bought it. Haha. One step closer...that's it for now.
Does your Tacoma have a low fuel light in the dash? Reason I's asking is mine doesn't. If you end up with two of the fuel sensors from the tank, I'd like to buy one from you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does your Tacoma have a low fuel light in the dash? Reason I's asking is mine doesn't. If you end up with two of the fuel sensors from the tank, I'd like to buy one from you.
Yes, my taco tach has a low fuel light indicator. Okay, if I end up with two fuel senders the other one is yours.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Yes, my taco tach has a low fuel light indicator. Okay, if I end up with two fuel senders the other one is yours.
awesome. I dont really need the whole unit. I just need the one sensor. and the whole wire. If you would be willing to de-pin its wire from the connector and sell me just the sensor. I think it unbolts/screws from the sender unit itself. Maybe I am mistaken.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome. I dont really need the whole unit. I just need the one sensor. and the whole wire. If you would be willing to de-pin its wire from the connector and sell me just the sensor. I think it unbolts/screws from the sender unit itself. Maybe I am mistaken.
Ok. I'm really busy right now so I will do what I can when my schedule slows down.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my 03 4runner V8 air box came today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaoffroad27

I looked at the box and it looks like the MAF sensor. You were right. I guess "throttle with motor body assembly connector" in the 03 4runner FSM also means MAF sensor. haha. Anyhoo, thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
No problem, glad it worked out for you. My Ac lines came in today. The long line will work perfect, its the short line that will need to be made. Which is funny because becausethe 99 4runner was the opposite.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts