TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the "free" alarm upgrade http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=12&c=6 , then purchased part #08586-04820 off ebay for $85. It was super easy and a very nice addition. The GBS is plenty sensitive on the setting #9. Some have said to set it at 12, but that seems like overkill.

There seem to be many part number floating around for the GBS/Indicator. The only one that I could confirm to be for a '04 taco was #08586-04820. So that was what I chose.

Very easy and inexpesive alarm!

Hope this is not a repost...

·
Registered
9 Posts
10.4 on the upgrade...tell me this. When the alarm (I assume it is the horn) goes off with the upgrade is there a built in limit on the time the alarm sounds? For example does it cut off in two or three minutes and then reset itself? This is what I am looking for.

Maddog

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the manual states it will sound for 30 seconds, then go quiet. It will not "reset" till it is disarmed with the key or the remote. After it is set off it disables the starter and a few other things...I dont have the manul with me here at work. But it does far more than I guessed.

If the GBS is triggered - it is supposed to put off a warning tone or some shorter duration alarm, then if triggered again its the 30 or 60 seconds alarm.

like that pretty much.

Let me know if you have any other quesitons. When I get home I can read the maual closer and be more specific.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok that sounds better, I looked last night real quick and I didn't see the single pin connector and it was real late so I am assuming it is relocated up higher somewhere on my 04 Xtra TRD.

Maddog

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on my '04 X-Cab it was right under the vent duct that wraps under the steering column. Not on the side like in the pictures on the tech article. It takes a little searching...I had trouble at first until I was directed to the under the duct location. On mine, there was opnly one sinlge wire connector and that was it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I found my single pin wire just above the vent taped to a ribed wire holder right next to the steering wheel. 15min. of worked saved me $300+ I flipped the extra $179 for the LED/GBS monitor. Again, another quick upgrade. Now I have a full funtioning RS3200.
04' 4X4 TRD Xcab

Good luck & Rock on!

·
Registered
360 Posts
hdave_CO said:
I did the "free" alarm upgrade http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=12&c=6 , then purchased part #08586-04820 off ebay for $85. It was super easy and a very nice addition. The GBS is plenty sensitive on the setting #9. Some have said to set it at 12, but that seems like overkill.

There seem to be many part number floating around for the GBS/Indicator. The only one that I could confirm to be for a '04 taco was #08586-04820. So that was what I chose.

Very easy and inexpesive alarm!

Hope this is not a repost...

What exactly does the GBS sensor do?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The part # I listed and found on ebay serves 2 funcitons. 1. GBS - a microphone that is tuned to hear tappping on the glass. It will set off the alarm if there is a tapping on the window. the sensor is set/tested by tapping on the window with the key. 2. status monitor/LED. Red blinking LED lets you and the would be theif know when the alarm is armed by blinking red. The kit included the GBS/LED unit, good instrucitons, window stickers, and a one year warranty that covers your ins deductable if the vehicle is stolen while alarm is on (from toyota). I found it to be well worth the $85. Not sure I would pay list price.

Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.