TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 extra cab tacoma that is currently not lifted sitting on 32 inch dunlop mudders, has a custom front bumper, sliders, and bed bar all built by me, but now i am seriously getting sick of dragging my hitch and my tires rubbing in the front, i have spent some time on here looking at my options but i really cant decide so i need some help...

long travel ifs, drop down bracket (fabtech), or coil spacers?
Body Lift or no Body Lift?
Rear Bumper ideas?
Homebuilt skids?
If long travel ifs do i go with TC (total chaos) or Camburg?

Solid Axle is out of the question for this rig as thats what my 86 pickup is for!:saw: :welder:

I love doing things myself however i am seventeen and limited to tools so if you have any ideas of things i can fab up or and cheap tricks or such please let me know im always lookin for things to build...

by the way if anyone is interested i can build rock sliders to any dimension you wish so if anyone out there is interested send me some drawings or ideas and i will see what i can do for cheap (under 200.00) p.s. my sliders have held up very good and believe me i have put them to the test...

also where is everyone getting those tailights that have the tundra look for tacomas? (just the red and clear no yellow) because i dont want the stock look but hate euros!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does this mean that it's a street only truck? If so, then go spacers unless you have the money then get coil-overs.
Actually i want more along the lines of a Capable Daily Driver, Something that i can drive to school and work but stop on the way and kick some ass at the "B" lol:D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
well if you got a SA rig allready go with LT and then you got the 2 best set ups possible!

·
Registered
340 Posts
My truck is my daily driver (again), and I have spacers.

They've been on my truck for 3 years and I've driven around the 'B' and up that Ward Canyon trail, jumped at the sand dunes (and various other places :D), driven all over Little Moab and 5-Mile, been up Mineral Basin a few times and of course Moab, and I haven't had any real problems due to the lift.

I've had to replace a lower ball joint due to the bolts backing out (bad install, never letting that person help with my vehicles again) and I've only had to replace 1 CV due to the lower ball joint.

If your on a budget I would suggest going spacers but, if you've got the money go with coil-overs, many more plusses with coil-overs :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet thanks i guess i will go with the spacers! there is a kit on ebay a procomp for 165.00 is this kit any good its a 3 inch with add a leaf... and is there anything else cheap and easy i can do to my taco?

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you've done ALL your research and are set on spacers then look through the sponsors page. There are a few sponsors that sell spacers.

·
Registered
529 Posts
spacers in the front are a really good and cheap lift. but IMO AAL's are crap. if money is tight, make some longer shackles for now, then buy some springs later. thats what i did. i hated the ride with the long shackles, but it worked well. now that i have AOR rear springs my truck rides awesome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts