TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the 0-60 and possibly the 1/4 mile time is on a stock access cab (crew cab) 2005 Tundra (when they jumped to 282 HP)?

I have a Tacoma and would NEVER trade it for any other truck its size, but I have been thinking about getting a Tundra (2005 4x4 Access Cab) for awhile, but after looking at the price, reviews and specifications of a 2004 or 2005 Nissan Titan Crewcab 4x4, it seems to beat the Tundra all around.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the $$$ to get a NEW Tundra, I would take one of those in a heart beat, but comparing a 2 yr old Tundra to a 2 yr old Titan, the Titan seems to have a lot of advantages (like a rear e-locker available from the factory). Plus it doesn't hurt that it won Peterson's 4 wheel drive and off road 2004 4x4 truck of the year. I would love to hear opinions on this subject. Anyone else done a comparison or research between these two trucks?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Does anyone know what the 0-60 and possibly the 1/4 mile time is on a stock access cab (crew cab) 2005 Tundra (when they jumped to 282 HP)?

I have a Tacoma and would NEVER trade it for any other truck its size, but I have been thinking about getting a Tundra (2005 4x4 Access Cab) for awhile, but after looking at the price, reviews and specifications of a 2004 or 2005 Nissan Titan Crewcab 4x4, it seems to beat the Tundra all around.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the $$$ to get a NEW Tundra, I would take one of those in a heart beat, but comparing a 2 yr old Tundra to a 2 yr old Titan, the Titan seems to have a lot of advantages (like a rear e-locker available from the factory). Plus it doesn't hurt that it won Peterson's 4 wheel drive and off road 2004 4x4 truck of the year. I would love to hear opinions on this subject. Anyone else done a comparison or research between these two trucks?
if your looking for a race car your lookin in the wrong place. I have an 05 Dcab 4x4 and I think its plenty fast but there are faster trucks out there. I saw a motor trend once that had the tundra 0-60 at 7.2 and the titan at 7.0.

Not bad for a 4800 lb truck. The biggest difference between the taco and tundra is the fact that the v8 has loads more tq. Pulling a trailer you really notice it. However with that comes really shitty MPG. I get around 15-16 if I am good. Much worse if I am not.

That said if I had to do it again I would get a taco over the tundra. When I get rid of mine in a few years I will get a taco. If TRD every gets off their ass and releases a SC i will trade it in sooner.

Later,

Chris

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
if your looking for a race car your lookin in the wrong place. I have an 05 Dcab 4x4 and I think its plenty fast but there are faster trucks out there. I saw a motor trend once that had the tundra 0-60 at 7.2 and the titan at 7.0.

Not bad for a 4800 lb truck. The biggest difference between the taco and tundra is the fact that the v8 has loads more tq. Pulling a trailer you really notice it. However with that comes really shitty MPG. I get around 15-16 if I am good. Much worse if I am not.

That said if I had to do it again I would get a taco over the tundra. When I get rid of mine in a few years I will get a taco. If TRD every gets off their ass and releases a SC i will trade it in sooner.

Later,

Chris
i've always wondered, whats the tow rating on your 05?

·
Registered
503 Posts
i've always wondered, whats the tow rating on your 05?
6800 lbs. Almost the same as the 2nd gen taco. Yet another reason to get a taco over the tundra (or at least the older Tundra). Although it pulls a 5900lb boat with ease.

Later,

Chris

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
6800 lbs. Almost the same as the 2nd gen taco. Yet another reason to get a taco over the tundra (or at least the older Tundra). Although it pulls a 5900lb boat with ease.

Later,

Chris
6800, not enough.

thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
a guy i work with was a nissan tech and told me the titans are nice trucks but their rear diffs were always going out. especially when they tried towing.
He said he was replacing them a couple times a wk.

other than that he said he liked them, good power and alot of interior room. i personally never drove one so im just going with word of mouth.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i drove a titan before and for how big the engine is, it seems sluggish, prolly coz it weighs so much, and also, the interiors are nice, but my buddy has broken damn near all the little plastic toggle switches inside his titan.

By the way, i love my tundra, with some work to the suspension, you can make the tow rating alot higher then stock. My 4.7 pulls pretty good, carries all my survey equipment and a 17 foot pontoon boat alot better then my companies ford trucks do...but then again, i dont have as much shit in my truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts