TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, I tried in the tire & wheels section and had no luck.

I am looking for the specs on the 16" & 17" 05+ Tacoma wheels and the FJ wheels.
I found some specs for the 16" Tacoma wheels of: width of 7" and -30mm offset (this would be a backspacing of 5.18 inches). Are these dimensions correct???

I found some data on the 17" FJ wheels of 7.7 inches wide, I forget the offset that was quoted but it didn't seem correct. I have also search and found sever threads with people that say "I think the offset/backspacing is ..."

Does anyone know the specs for the 16 and 17 inch Tacoma and FJ wheels??? I am mostly looking for true width and offset or backspacing.

Thanks

UPDATE:

With more research her is what I found:

FJ 17" wheel (non TRD): width 7.5" offset -15mm which gives a BS of 4.84 inches

4Runner (gen4) 17" wheel: 7.5" width -30mm offset -giving a BS of 5.43 inches

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
OK, well I guess no one knows???

Let's try this - most people are running aftermaret wheels that have 4" or 4.5" backpacing, how much more do they stick out from stock? It is 1/2 inch? 1.5 inches???

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wheels on my stock 2006 4x4 DC TRD Off-Road: 16x7" with 5.5" Backspacing

New FJ TRD Wheels: 16x7.5" with either 4.5 or 5.0" of Backspacing. I can't confirm the backspacing since I've had both specs quoted to me. Either way, the tire/wheel will be slightly "push" out of the wheel well which means more caliper clearance...

I made the switch, and they look great with 265/75-16 tires mounted on them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, this is what I was looking for.

Anyone have the FJ 17" specs???

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 06 TRD Sport stock rim is 16x7.5

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah your right my bad...LMAO....dont know why I had 16 on the Brain...prolly because I put 16x8 on there! :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts