TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 4x4 one month old. Noticed that the glovebox has a discoloration on the top left. It's very easy to see from the drivers side. Took it back and had it replaced and when I went to my truck I didn't think they had done anything. New one is the same. So I checked another one on the lot and it's the same way. Anyone else notice it? Got a call from the customer service rep. at the dealership and after looking at other trucks on the lot she thinks it may be an air bubble in the mold when they are manufactured. The regional rep. will be here on today(Monday) and she will call me back.
Here's a couple of pictures
http://www.geocities.com/toytruck86/Glovebox.html

·
Registered
287 Posts
It's also on the trim around the rear access door windows. Mine is also like that on the glove-box door. It is also somewhere else but I can't remember.

Marc

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scottnmos said:
Hmmm. First run vehicles. These things happen....
I'm not convinced this because of "first run". Making plastic dash components isn't something new. Just looks like their quality control person was on vacation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
toytruck
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing