TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Tacoma and want to add a input for a mp3 player. There are a few different types (PIE TOY03-AUX), (Blitzsafe TOY/AUX DMX V.2),
and (Peripheral Electronics Aux2Car). I have read about the PIE TOY03-AUX
having some problems with the raido changing to AM and having to turn the key
off to reset it. PIE has released a upgraded version does anyone know if these
problems were fixed? Has anyone used any of the other brands of auxiliary
inputs for the toyota? If so are there any problems that exists like with the PIE adapter? Thanx for any input or suggestions.

·
Registered
203 Posts
the ipod2car is the way to go but its pricey, around 170 bucks, it simply plugs into your cd changer in the back of the stock radio and runs directly to your ipod, it also charges the ipod while using it. the sound quality is perfect. i have had no problems with mine and also the cord they give you that runs out the back of the stock radio is 15 feet so you can have it run anywhere in your truck and hide it well. everyone just thinks i have a stock stereo and wont break in. well, until now. hahaha

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Radone said:
I have a 2005 Tacoma and want to add a input for a mp3 player. There are a few different types (PIE TOY03-AUX), (Blitzsafe TOY/AUX DMX V.2),
and (Peripheral Electronics Aux2Car). I have read about the PIE TOY03-AUX
having some problems with the raido changing to AM and having to turn the key
off to reset it. PIE has released a upgraded version does anyone know if these
problems were fixed? Has anyone used any of the other brands of auxiliary
inputs for the toyota? If so are there any problems that exists like with the PIE adapter? Thanx for any input or suggestions.
Check out the forum about tacoma audio on tundra solutions. they have been talking this subject up in a storm.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Where and how did you mount your iPod? In my '01 I'm running it through a tape converter and just have it in one of the cupholder-mounted brackets.

In the '05 I'm getting this weekend I'm going to do the aux input and figure I'll hide the iPod in the glove box or center console since I won't need so much access to it anymore. I'd like to be able to mount it somewhere in such a way that when I open the glove box or console it'd be visible and "at my fingertips". Ideas?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Biggest difference for me was "controllability". The PIE unit (and others I think...) requires that you control everyting from the iPod itself. I ended up mounting it in the center console and paid the extra for the iPod2Car because it lets me skip up and down tracks with the CD player buttons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts