TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 Tacoma Daily Driver with Chaos Long Travel

Just wanted to say hi to the Toyota Nation. I just moved back to California from Florida. I wanted to build another Prerunner now that I have some dezert. I found a great Fab Shop DMZ FAB who was willing to work with me. Check this thing out. She is almost ready.

Check it out on the site.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
so they are keeping the rear shock loop pretty low or is it even coming through the bed at all??? kinda hard to see but it looks like the hoop is still UNDER the bed...I like that.:D
now if you are getting LT, when are you caging the engine, upgrading your motor mounts and doing something about the battery like relocation or beefing up the battery holder?
just curious and its looking good
Mike

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
No holes in my bed. DMZ was able to keep a 12" bypass outside of the framerail. Sick design.

Yes it is, I'm curious as to how much clearance there was...It is the stock axle, not a 9"?:D J/K I'd like to retain bed space for camping and dirt biking and both for the same week in Baja!

I got a battery mount for my Optima.

yeah but the fender it sits on WILL crush in eventually, though it may last longer with LT than my crappy susp...

We will cage the engine after the Supercharger gets installed. Many little projects ahead. More pics on DMZ's site.

I'm keeping an eye on this built:thumbs: and on that fab shop. I like that they do things differently!

Mike

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is crazy man Pedro

pgthe1 said:
That thing looks Weak to me, it will never see any dirt I bet!
If you go to the DMZ site on Customers you will see that my bro Pete with one of the few long travel Nissan Titans on DMZ's site. Welcome Nissan boy! I know you are just jealous that you are not driving a Yoty. That's why you are on TTORA. Go back to Titantalk. See ya in the Dirt.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
saw this badass truck tonight by the local walmart... talked to the owner, real cool dude, wish we coulda talked longer but had to pick my gf up, lol.... great looking truck (and dog) man, lol...

·
Registered
650 Posts
I live out in Eastvale. You'll see me on my way to work on the 91.
Excellent. Everything is new and purdy out there. I would have loved to have bought out there, but it's just too far from work (I work by John Wayne Airport). Post pics when you're done.

Brian

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
brock said:
wtf.... i asked the guy if his was posted on custom tacos and ttora and he said ya.... rofl. truck was fucking identical...
What is custom tacos? It was probably the first 05 silver DC that had the glass done with no susp. I know which one you are talking about (had black rims). I saw it posted on DezertRangers. I'm all new to this forum stuff. I guess I missed out on some helpfull information all these years.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
might have been... guy had the bedsides too... said it had a turbo on it but it was getting 10mpg... and now its getting a supercharger..

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have also seen a truck identical to this one, had fiberglass front and rear fenders and a skid plate in the front. i saw it on the 71 , actually i have seen it multiple times. it seems like everyone has silver dc's with the same style mods so its hard to tell them apart.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts