TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to get the "mid" setting on the new head unit. I did this on my '03 and just trained myself to turn the radio off before I turned off the truck.

I really miss the sound of my old radio...

Marc

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Marc M said:
Has anyone figured out how to get the "mid" setting on the new head unit. I did this on my '03 and just trained myself to turn the radio off before I turned off the truck.

How did you do this on your '03? Would this apply to an '01 stock AM?FM/CA/CD player? Am I missing out on something here? :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the truck on and the radio on, press and hold the tuning knob for approximately 10 - 15 seconds. You will hear an audible beep, now when you go back in to set the audio preferences it gives you the option for "MID" adjustment.

It will stay this way as long as you turn your radio off before you turn your truck off. If you happen to turn the truck off before you turn the radio off, all you have to do is perform the same sequence and it will come back....

Marc

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Marc M said:

Marc
what does it do?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
hey man if you figure that out let me know. I think the speakers kinda suck. I was thinking about gettting replacments soon. I wish I had more time to f around with the new truck. How many miles you got on yours? I now have 1500miles and I took delivery on 11-24-04.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Marc M said:
With the truck on and the radio on, press and hold the tuning knob for approximately 10 - 15 seconds. You will hear an audible beep, now when you go back in to set the audio preferences it gives you the option for "MID" adjustment.

It will stay this way as long as you turn your radio off before you turn your truck off. If you happen to turn the truck off before you turn the radio off, all you have to do is perform the same sequence and it will come back....

Marc
Cool! I now have "|| |" to mess around with! This should be posted in the Cheap Tricks section.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
jayotto4

I bought mine on Nov. 1st, but didn't pick it up until the 6th. I had to get all of my aftermarket stuff off of my '03, I had the same exact truck I have now only it was a 2003 (so to speak).

I'll have 3000 miles on it before the end of the week. I love it, still get alot of looks since there aren't many on the road.

Just got my 3" lift, and just had 265/75/16's MT/R's mounted on my Ivan rims. Can't wait to get it done, just need to find the time and a warm hole to work in....

Marc

·
Registered
44 Posts
Marc M said:

Marc
Going to go try this on an '04.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am by no means taking credit for this mod, I actually got it from the old delphi site.

Maybe it just needed to be resurfaced....

Marc

·
Registered
203 Posts
it worked on my 02 and its alot louder than it was, it brings up all levels. once you get the option just turn the nob up and itll make it climb til you get the sound you like.
stoked
thanks
-darren

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is awsome, after reading I went out to the parking lot and did it to my 01 and the mid feature came right up. Thanks

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Andrew123654 said:
What exactilly do you do? I tried it on my 02... i puched the right circular knob in and held it there for like 20 seconds, about 10 seconds in it beeped and clicked back to the cd screen showing what song im on. I pressed the button for bass, treble, and so forth but couldn't find the mid feature.
Try releasing the knob right after you hear the beep instead of keeping it pushed in for another ten seconds? Just a shot in the dark but that's what it soudned like you did was held it a lot longer after you heard the beep. Maybe that "reset" it or something.

Now I'm just talking out my a**!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tbrown,

Yes, I got the 6 disc in-dash unit with the 6 speakers. I am not thrilled with the sound though. That is why I asked my original question. The radio in the '03 was flat, but when the mid was activated it came alive. I think that is all this radio needs.

Marc

·
Registered
103 Posts
Marc M said:

Marc

I know this doesn't help you with your '05, but thanks for the tip for those of us with earlier models...I just did this and drove around in the truck testing it out on my favorite cd's. I swear midrange adjustment is the most important of all the ranges. I can't believe I've never heard of this before- thanks again!

Craig

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
17 Participants
Jfab
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing