TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Tacoma, Access Cab, 4.0L, 6sp, 4x4, TRD Off Road (26k miles) with too many modifications to mention them all, here are some of the major improvements- Sway-A-Way 2.5 Coilover Front Suspension, ARB Bullbar w/ Warn 9k winch, Bentup.com Rock Sliders, Custom underbelly skid plates, Bentup.com Custom Rear Bumper w/ Tire & Fuel Can Swing Gate, OME Dakar Rear Suspension, ARE Shell w/ windoors and Yakama Racks, Eclipse AVN 5510 GPS Navigation Head Unit w/ Bluetooth and rearview camera, Inchworm "Lefty" and Double Transfer Cases (Final Gear Ratio of 240:1), Both Differentials regeared to 4:56 ratio by Marlin Crawler, ARB Locker in front differential, Viair on-board air compressor.

More pictures can be seen here- http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i3/rogersja63/Tacoma/

Very clean with no damage but I'm moving to Washington D.C. and must sell. Contact Jim @ 559-994-9397 if interested. I'm in Fresno, CA but I'm willing to deliver almost anywhere.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I hate the annoying "That looks great, but I cant afford it...Bump" posts, but DAMN, that looks great, and I cant afford it....Bump

Very nice rig, with awesome equipment, good luck with the sale.

~James

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
damn, that sucks that you have to sell it :( there ain't much to wheel on in DC :( :(

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I learned a lot for the next build though.:( :( :cool: It'll be a couple years before the job allows the time, but I'll buy another one and build it again. ;)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Care to go take some of it back to stock and sell some parts? I know the crawlers staying etc.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Care to go take some of it back to stock and sell some parts? I know the crawlers staying etc.
Nope, I spent too much time and money getting this one right. I would just be screwing the next owner over if I took anything off it. :cool: I'm sure I could make more money off it, but it wouldn't be right.;)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Nope, I spent too much time and money getting this one right. I would just be screwing the next owner over if I took anything off it. :cool: I'm sure I could make more money off it, but it wouldn't be right.;)
Assuming the next owner actually uses it for what it was built for.;)

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Assuming the next owner actually uses it for what it was built for.;)
if someone buys this rig w/o knowing what it was build for he is a complete dolt. :rolleyes: besides...I doubt it will be sold to someone so stupid.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am interested, you have built one amazing truck, its basically what I am working on turning my truck into. I would need to sell my truck first if I were to buy yours, how soon do you need to sell it? Also do you have a list of all of the mods that you have done to it?

Thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am interested, you have built one amazing truck, its basically what I am working on turning my truck into. I would need to sell my truck first if I were to buy yours, how soon do you need to sell it? Also do you have a list of all of the mods that you have done to it?

Thanks
I'm in no real hurry. I should be leaving for D.C. sometime in January 08, so if it sells between now and then it'll make delivering it to someone easier. Once I'm in the new job I may not have the time to deliver it.

I'll see if I have the list I started (for myself) at one time and post it up after I update it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ok Sounds Great Jim. I look forward to the list. Also, how much lift does the truck have? What size tires? What kind of MPG are you getting?

Thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ok Sounds Great Jim. I look forward to the list. Also, how much lift does the truck have? What size tires? What kind of MPG are you getting?

Thanks
I'm running about a 34" tire (BFG 295/75R16) and get around 14-16 MPG but I have a pretty heavy foot too. I found and updated my list (as far as I can remember anyway) and will post it in a new post below-

p.s. I have the coilovers cranked up to give about 2.5" of lift in the front. The rear sits a little over 3".

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Full (?) List of Modifications

FULL LISTING OF MODIFICATIONS:

• Inchworm “Lefty” transfer case w/ 4.7 gears and doubler case w/ 2.28 gears and Chromoly output shafts, includes new single piece HD driveshaft’s
• Both differentials regeared to 4:56 & ARB locker installed by Marlin Crawler
• Eclipse AVN5510 GPS Nav Head Unit w/ Bluetooth & Rear Camera
• ARE shell (loaded with all available extra features including windoors)
• Yakima Racks on shell and cab w/ Yakama Basketcase
• Custom Sleeping/Storage Platform
• ARB Bull Bumper w/ Warn XD9000 w/ Painless Wiring remote switch in cab
• BentUp.com Square Sliders
• BentUp.com wrap around Rear Bumper w/ tire gate
• SAW 2.5's w/ 14 “ / 700 lb springs
• OME Dakar Leafs w/ 2 Dakar AAL’s
• Camburg UCA's
• BFG 295/75R16 AT’s on Wheelers Black steelies
• Custom console w/ Autometer Gauges (oil temp, oil pressure, voltage)
• Uniden PC68LTW CB Radio
• Prodigy Brake Controller ( for trailer brakes)
• Flowmaster 50 muffler
• URD Short Shifter
• Fog Light Mod
• Lighted 4x4 Switch Mod
• E-Locker Mod
• Added OEM engine oil cooler
• 6 rock lights under truck wired to 3 in cab switches
• Front body mounts cut and re-plated by Marlin Crawler
• Marlin Crawler E-locker skid plate
• Belly skid plates from front bumper to rear driveshaft by Northside 4x4
• Blue Sea 12 fuse block in cab (all electrical mod’s run through this)
• Viair 450H air compressor and 3 gallon tank plumbed for air locker & tires
• Redline Tuning Premium Quicklift Struts installed for front hood
• Both Clutch Pedal TSB’s done by dealership
• Cabin Air Filter Installed (2005’s didn’t come with them)
• TRD seat covers since new
• In cab 110v outlet and extra 12v outlets
• Toytec 3 degree steel shims to correct pinion angle

I'll add more stuff here as I remember it-

STOCK PARTS THAT COME WITH SELL:​
• Transfer case- minus actuator motor
• Remington 285/75R16 Wide Brute RV's (almost new) on stock alloy wheels
• Front coilovers w/ Toytec 3” spacer lift installed
• OEM Class 4 receiver
• Stock single CD Head unit
• Stock rear leaf pack’s ( I may still have the ALCAN AAL’s in them?)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow, that list looks great, how do the cv boots wear? Is there any rubbing with those big of tires?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, that list looks great, how do the cv boots wear? Is there any rubbing with those big of tires?
The cv boots don't wear (beyond normal), since the ribs don't touch each other at this height.;)

No rubbing after the body mounts were cut/plated and the pinch weld folded over with a BFH, the ARB Bumper had to be clearanced too.:saw:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Does it have front and rear ARB lockers or is it the e-locker in the rear?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does it have front and rear ARB lockers or is it the e-locker in the rear?
Stock Toyota e-locker in rear and ARB air locker up front. I just changed the stock e-locker switch out so it matched the front and the compressor switches. There's not really an ARB compressor (it's a VIAIR 450) either, but I wanted all the switches in that row to match.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
344 Posts
How does the 4.56 gearing feel with the 34" tires? Any lack of power?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts