TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a quick summary.

Intial complaint: My truck makes a squeaking noise that seems to come from the transmission area. When i push the clutch in, the squeak goes away. And it occurs consistently when my truck warms up.

aaannnndddd discuss..........

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
on days below 60 (considered mild to cool depending on where you come from) with the skidplate off....(the thought there is with such a big skid it insulates the transmission area abit more) the squeak doesnt really occur. But now the temp is back up during the day, the squeak consistently comes back when at idle and mild revving. Whats involved in just an adjustment?

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i pulled off the bellhousing access panel, and me and JT-6 had a little pep talk with the bearing. (doubt itll do any good but its a last ditch effort before the monday trip to the stealership....even when its free i dont like them touching my truck)

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
ok so i pulled off the bellhousing access panel, and me and JT-6 had a little pep talk with the bearing. (doubt itll do any good but its a last ditch effort before the monday trip to the stealership....even when its free i dont like them touching my truck)
Did you swing the hammer and cus at it? Did you let it know what is to come if it doesn't straigten up and fly right?

If it keeps giving you an attitude, I think about 1/4 cup of fine sand in the tranny fluid would teach it a lesson! :D

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
were you even able to get to the throw out bearing from the access panel? I am not sure what you did, but to my knowledge the throw out is "too far" up to be able to do anything with it without removing the tranny from the truck first.

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i put some JT-6 on the end of a clean flathead screwdriver and with a flashlight in the other hand, put the grease at the junction of the bearing and the fork. and now the da*n thing aint squeakin'! And i know the second after i get my skid put back on.....its gonna squeak, but they're not going to take it and work on it for free if its not making a sound.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yup, definately stopped now....if it comes back im just going to wait til it comes back and persists. So the monster skid goes back on and we'll see what happens.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
If you eliminate the need for a skid plate, you effectively eliminate the skid plate:D

Sas the bitch and be done with it! b'ha ha ha ha! Besides if you sas it, you will have so many creeks and growns out of the truck, you won't hear the throw bearing any longer!:D

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i will eventually (along with every other thing that will happen once i get a DD) but until then, im happy with it being a trail rider and baja wannabe. and besides, ill still need a skid to protect my exhaust setup.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Exhaust systems are highly over rated on Tacomas! :D

what do you have under your truck a belly pan? I have the small factory toy piece covering the transfer case (which is practically bent beyond recognistion)

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i made my own belly pan out of 1/8" with ribs, which would have been on the truck at the mtg. but i had it off in anticipation of it being at the stealership.

·
Registered
407 Posts
yeah i made my own belly pan out of 1/8" with ribs, which would have been on the truck at the mtg. but i had it off in anticipation of it being at the stealership.
You got mine done yet. Or, I know you must be thinking out a new design....dibs on your current one when you replace it.
:D

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i do have plans (far down the road) to improve the current one. basically ill be 'boating' the sides (im not even sure thats the correct term...but ill be adding angled sides so the mud/water doesnt so readily rush in....plus itll improve the looks of it abit). Ill get a good idea of what needs to be done after this wknd though. And for a nominal fee i would make one for you....a llllarrrgggeee nomimal fee (input for mine was about 16 hrs. from first cut to last bolt)

·
Registered
565 Posts
well i do have plans (far down the road) to improve the current one. basically ill be 'boating' the sides (im not even sure thats the correct term...but ill be adding angled sides so the mud/water doesnt so readily rush in....plus itll improve the looks of it abit). Ill get a good idea of what needs to be done after this wknd though. And for a nominal fee i would make one for you....a llllarrrgggeee nomimal fee (input for mine was about 16 hrs. from first cut to last bolt)
i am thinking couple sets of sliders and tube rear bumpers

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
abso-freaking-lutely i just have to figure out if i want round or square then spend the time getting the material and fab it up.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
abso-freaking-lutely i just have to figure out if i want round or square then spend the time getting the material and fab it up.
psst! I think Jason was hinting around that he wants you to make him some sliders. :D

You got all the tools you need for metal Fabbing? I dabble in it, but Dave is the one that can make some freaking nice stuff!

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
to make anything from square tubing all you need is a MIG and angle grinder........oh and supposed hands, eyes and brain would help. Unfortunately i only "have access" to those sorts and dont have my own just yet.......yet.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
to make anything from square tubing all you need is a MIG and angle grinder........oh and supposed hands, eyes and brain would help. Unfortunately i only "have access" to those sorts and dont have my own just yet.......yet.
yea! I know smart ass, I have made plenty out of square stock, that is why I bought a cheapie HF bender....I cand do round as well:D

that is when I can borrow Dave's welder! I really need to break down and buy my own!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts