TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just fit these tires on my stock '05. The rear is fine, no rubbing anywhere even under full flex. The front seems to only be hitting the splash guard (easily remedied) even under flex :eek: . At full steering lock there seems to be no rubbing on the frame. I'm sure off road it might rub a little. Has anyone looked into this more. I have pics, just not sure when I can get them up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics

Ok got some pics for you guys. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
285's!

StealthTaco said:
Ok I just fit these tires on my stock '05. The rear is fine, no rubbing anywhere even under full flex. The front seems to only be hitting the splash guard (easily remedied) even under flex :eek: . At full steering lock there seems to be no rubbing on the frame. I'm sure off road it might rub a little. Has anyone looked into this more. I have pics, just not sure when I can get them up.

man that looks awesome!

·
Registered
31 Posts
killer work ST!! There is a lot more room in those fender wells than people think and your rig is a great example...keep it up.

MT

·
Master "Yota"
431 Posts
285/75's!! Holy S%$T. That's awsome. I was looking at fitting 265's but you may have changed my mind! Do you have any pics of the whole truck sitting on the 285's?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
StealthTaco said:
Do you have any lift in that truck? I was wondering how big I could go. I now have a 3" lift in mine and it needs new tires just for the fact the stockers suck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll have to do it put the tires back on. Right now I'm work'n on my '01 and that's what runs the 285's. The '05 is what I'm using to get around town so I put the 265's back on. I'll try and get pics up to ya soon.

·
Registered
565 Posts
StealthTaco said:
Yeah dude, bone stock.
So now the question of the day is......
What is your MINIMUM ground clearance with those tires?
And what is the distance between the ground and the botton of the frame rail?

Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
damn, thats a whole lotta tire for stock susp... looks great. look even better w/ a lift though....

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm not a metric size tire person so what is a 285 is it a 33" tall tire.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Two questions what tires are they?
And do you think it would make anyy differance because I have the very cheap factory wheels the ones that are just painted metal? Is the off set the same? And the wheel width?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts