1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
anyone else ?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Not the same engine or vehicle but, I'm installing two 9" fans to help cool the tranny cooler and a "soon-to-be" installed dual oil cooler. The dual cooler will have the power steering and engine oil running through and a 9" fan attach to that.

In the future I may look into to doing the Ford taurus fan swap.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120931

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine is a 04 Tacoma. Used the Taurus fan with a Dccontrol unit mounted on a after market fan shroud. Checked all over for the control unit and seems most guys that run the Dccontrol unit are very happy with them. Easy to wire and install. And about two hours to make the fan fit the shroud and get it all mounted. Used the shroud from 'Crash Parts" just in case i ever wanted to go back to stock i still have the OEM stuff intact. The shroud fit great and had no problem installing it. Bolted the fan to the shroud and made a filler panel for the gap on the bottom. Fan control is mounted on the shroud and only 4 wires to remove if i want to pull the fan unit. Cost about 200.00 for the fan,shroud and control.

·
Registered
142 Posts
youll have to maesure but the markv fan is more poswerful and bigger so it may fit better then the taurus fan that we use on the 2nd and 3rd gen 4runners
if i had the room id do a mark fan

·
Registered
107 Posts
Check the Dccontrol website. They list a new fan control for the Ford two speed fans. The price is only $69.95. I was thinking about the Mark 5 fan but a the amp draw when working is kind of on the high side for a tacoma. The Mark 5 fan is 35-40 amps constant when working. Run some lights,heater,radio,winch and you run out of amps on a stock truck. Think i will do another fan shroud with this new control to see how it works. Check the website and let me know what you think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts