TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody new to this site & Thanks for having me. Looks like a great bunch of people. I purchased a 2006 Tacoma with 50000 miles on it it is like new all stock. I notice when I accelerated hard to get on the freeway it hesitates a little like it is running out of fuel I started to get a CEL P0171 & P0174 which indicates System to Lean Bank 1 and bank 2 I cleaned the MAF sensor and replaced the air filter & checked for vacum leaks cleared codes. Drove it for one week then same codes came back and still had the hesitation problem. So I replaced the MAF sensor and the Spark Plugs Drove for a week and the code came back and still had hesitation problem. It starts right up Idles great no hesitation when not under load. When the Cel light comes on so does three other lights they have a X by them

Do you think it is my fuel filter being clogged in the gas tank ? I notice these don't have and external fuel filter. Stupid design.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Ohm the A/F sensors or find a friend for a test swap.

Check the PCV.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If the Trac lights are coming on under load, I would be checking the wheel speed sensors because if their dirty/not reading wheel speed right, it may think the wheels are spinning and activating Trac Control causing no engine power..You can also push and hold the Trac Control button for a few seconds to disable it and see how it does under load.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi everyone thanks for the help. Here is the latest update. My friend came over Saturday and helped me check it out he is a pretty good mechanic. We checked for Vacum leaks and found none so we checked the PCV valve and it was pretty dirty so we replaced it and cleaned the origional MAF. We tried to do a fuel pump pressure test but found you need a special adapter to put in the line to test I still have not found it. My friend says that it is not the fuel pump or filter sock giving us troubles ??? I don't know if I agree. We reset the codes P0171 & P0174 and time will tell. The funny thing about it the last CEL code only showed P0171 :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for all the help. I went to my buddies shop and he did a fuel pressure test and the reading was 30psi then he had me put it in gear and hold the brake and put a load to it and it drop to 28psi so now it is down to two things either Fuel Pressure Regulator or Fuel pump He said he thought it to be the Fuel pump which I was hoping that wasn't it. I have the shortbed and I am told to just undo the bed and slide it back to get to the fuel pump ? :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everybody Again thanks for all the help. Well I went ahead and dropped the tank with my wifes help what a job and the fuel filter or sock looked bad was real dirty so I installed the URD 2005+ Tacoma V6, Fuel Pump/Filter Upgrade Kit (1GR-255LPH) Man what a difference it has more power and no more misses under load. I was going to slide the bed back and noticed that the fuel pump would have still been under the cab I think it might be that I have the short bed man I am happy I caught that. That sure would have been a waist of time. The upgrade made the truck run like New again. After 9 hours of doing upgrade I now have a happy truck

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts