TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, I got an 06 Texas Edition Tundra with the 20 inch wheels. I'm having alignment issues, pulls right. I had Mike Calvert Toyota in Houston lign it,and unsuccessful. Took it back in for ball joint recall, and still cant align it. What a joke!! Don't these guys test dtive it after the alignment? Does anyone else have the same issue? Thanks ya'll.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Try running a different set of wheels. I've never had good luck with 20s and pulling/wandering concerns.

·
Registered
27 Posts
those trucks are a real pain, you give up a lot of ride for a little bling, normally tires can be moved around to correct a pull but the toyo's on the 20's are directional and can only be moved back and forth. to be blunt you will almost definately have a vibration, pull, or noise most of the time you own that truck with those wheels :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Defender said:
those trucks are a real pain, you give up a lot of ride for a little bling, normally tires can be moved around to correct a pull but the toyo's on the 20's are directional and can only be moved back and forth. to be blunt you will almost definately have a vibration, pull, or noise most of the time you own that truck with those wheels :(

So I got my rig back from the dealership, and alot happier with alignment. Truck does not pull, but still has some vibration. Yeah I think the wheelset was bad choice, but it was last few instock. Plus my wife drives it most of the time, so really her choice. Me, I still drive my trusty 99 taco 4x4. Did I mention we paid $23k drive out for the truck!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
nice steal!
i know our dealership made some good deals on afew darrel waltrip editions just to get rid of them, apparently not too many buyers were liking the big stripes lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts