TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short I’ve replaced every component on my braking system aside from the abs module which I won’t be replacing. It’s not my daily driver so def not dumping a ton of money into it. My brakes especially the rear don’t seem to be getting the proper pressure to stop like they used to so I’m looking at deleting the abs completely and putting in a prop valve. Any insight into what I may be overlooking would help. I’ve ran techstream, no hidden codes and module solenoids seem to be working fine during the active test. I’ve spent too many hours trying to figure out this issue so I’m at the point of deleting the abs all together bc I don’t know what else it could be. If any of you have been through this hell I’d appreciate any insight on what it might be but not going to spend much more time on it.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,623 Posts
Too many variables in play. Are the lines properly bled of all air? Are the rear brakes properly adjusted? Are your drums in good condition or are they glazed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Too many variables in play. Are the lines properly bled of all air? Are the rear brakes properly adjusted? Are your drums in good condition or are they glazed?
Yes to all. I’m no master mechanic but I’ve been repairing my own vehicles for the last 20 years and I’ve never had this issue so I’m leaving towards a bad abs module. The kid that owned it before me was on drugs and completely neglected the brakes. His father admitted that he actually used the parking brake to drive around town bc the brakes were gone and he didn’t change the pads/shoes so I’m assuming he stepped on the brake pedal as hard as he could for awhile then switch to e brake, that would put major stress on the unit. I’ve replaced every single component aside from brake line but checked them for any blockages but they were clear. I won’t be buying a new module if that’s the issue. I’ll probably install a prop valve to distribute the pressure correctly. I mean what else could it be? I do have enough brake to drive but pedal goes almost to floor. Finally got fluid to rear after changing wheel cylinders and got them to bled with a manual vacuum bleeder but still a soft pedal. I’ve spent so many hours trying to figure it out but I can’t

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes to all. I’m no master mechanic but I’ve been repairing my own vehicles for the last 20 years and I’ve never had this issue so I’m leaving towards a bad abs module. The kid that owned it before me was on drugs and completely neglected the brakes. His father admitted that he actually used the parking brake to drive around town bc the brakes were gone and he didn’t change the pads/shoes so I’m assuming he stepped on the brake pedal as hard as he could for awhile then switch to e brake, that would put major stress on the unit. I’ve replaced every single component aside from brake line but checked them for any blockages but they were clear. I won’t be buying a new module if that’s the issue. I’ll probably install a prop valve to distribute the pressure correctly. I mean what else could it be? I do have enough brake to drive but pedal goes almost to floor. Finally got fluid to rear after changing wheel cylinders and got them to bled with a manual vacuum bleeder but still a soft pedal. I’ve spent so many hours trying to figure it out but I can’t
Guess there could be more air in abs block so I’m going to use techstream to cycle the solenoids and see if that helps

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Is there an LSPV on the vehicle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts