TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the scoop. Need to know if it comes from the factory with a "pad" on the underside of the hood. I don't think so. Does anyone have a picture? Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The deal is that I have 2006 Access TRD Sport 33s, 17s, Saws, etc. It got hit by somebody running a red light. I am getting it fixed by the other guys insurance. Progessive say they don't want to replace the scratched up engine cover, because "how could the hood have scratched the engine cover when it has insulation on the underside?" This is a perfect gottcha picture.

Anybody know where the "2nd" Auto-tranny cooler is mounted in the '06 with Tow Package?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The cooler is mounted in front on the radiator. On left radiator support i think.

why dont you just make a list of waht you need to see.
Its a pain to keep shooting, download/ uplaod. Go shoot again download / upload.
let me know what you need so I can just shoot it all at once..
And am happy to do that for you. accidents suck....I know..

Ill take pics of cooler tomorrow, make sure you list anything else to shoot.
GL

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The hood picture was the one I really needed. Thanks.

btw, I found this pic of my truck pre-carnage. Looking through the grill it looks like a cooler hanging from the Psgr side radiator mount (the Tow Package is supposed to have a second cooler).

Anyway, my 2 cents. Thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
The #1 tranny cooler is in the radiator. I'm pretty sure all automatic tranny Tacomas have this one.

The #2 tranny cooler is on the driver's side, under the horns.

In this pic, taken from the driver's side looking down between the grill and the radiator, you can see the horns. Directly under those horns is the tranny cooler.

You can see the black rubber hoses that go to it pretty plainly.

That yellow thing you see is a connector plugged into the airbag sensor.

The cooling hoses come out of a hole in the radiator support and lead to the cooler that is supported by a metal bracket and is held by a 6mm bolt. See it?

This pic is shot from the front of the truck, on the driver's side, looking into the slots of the grill.

The radiator is silver, and the oil cooler is black. you can see it peeking out from in there.

Here's the pic that was linked above.

It shows a Tacoma with the grill off.

there's the tranny cooler right below the horns, on the driver's side.

And finaly...

Here's a pic of my 4runner with the hood up.

It DOES NOT have the towing package, and it DOES NOT have a tranny cooler.

This is what they look like with out the cooler.

Notice the empty space below the horns, and the unused bracket in front of the radiator, and the oval shaped hole in the radiator support where the hoses would pass through if they had been installed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts