TTORA Forum banner

2007 Takeover Hotel Information

5K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Crazy Geologist 
#1 · (Edited)
OK folks, here's the scoop....It has come to our attention that hotel availability may be limited in Farmington due to a couple other events around our time frame (Connie Mack World Series, August 3-10 and Western Swim Zone, August 6-12).

However, I called several hotels today (March 13) and PLENTY of rooms are available as of now. To avoid problems I strongly recommend booking a room as soon as possible if you are planning staying in a hotel while attending this event. I spoke with eleven hotels in all and only a couple are already booked for the weekend of August 3-5.

If you are planning on staying in a hotel I would recommend one on Scott St. or E. Broadway St. There are several restaraunts (Denny's, IHOP, etc.) and gas stations nearby. Check the below link to see a map of the area:

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=hotels&near=Farmington,+NM&sa=X&oi=local&ct=image

Below is another link of all the hotels listed in Farmington, New Mexico:

http://farmingtonnm.org/pages/accom.html

As of today, only the Courtyard Marriott and Best Western Inn have limited accomadations on August 2-5. All others have stated that they have many rooms available.

At this time I have not discussed group rates with any of the hotels. I am simply trying to assure hotel availability for August 2-5. I will discuss group rates in the near future.

Also, one more hotel is currently under construction and is scheduled to open May 25. It is said to have 73 rooms. So, by my count, that's more that 906 rooms within just a few square miles. Something tells me that should be enough. But, again, to ensure accomadations and prevent any headaches I suggest making your reservations as soon as possible.

As far as camping goes, Brian will chime in with more details later but a majority of the camping will be quite primitive. Port-a-potties and dumpsters will be available but not much else. More to come on that shortly.

Any questions, complaints, concerns? Reply here, PM or Email me.

See less See more
#29 · (Edited)
Since Dunk is looking for more banter, I have the following to offer:

To the camping crowd, northbound on 550, on friday the third:

I will get a late start to Farmington that afternoon. I will be coming from the Rio Grande corridor (ABQ-Santa Fe-Los Alamos). Likely via NM126 up through the Jemez with a stop at the hotsprings. Friday night I will likely camp at Angel Peak Nat'l Rec area. 16 campsites at a pretty wicked "badlands" environment. Then up early saturday for the Takeover, about 25-30 miles away, if I recall correctly.

Sound appealing to anyone? I think I could easily be swayed into camping in the Jemez or Chaco, if others want to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.