TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, it's that time of year again.

Once again, Texas A&M Off-Road is hosting the annual Texas Club Challenge at Katemcy Rocks on the weekend of April 27-29.

Registration is due by April 11, 2007 and all details can be found at www.texasclubchallenge.com
There, you can download the information packet and the registration form.
I'm also working to get the flier put on the website for those of you who want to print it out and post up wherever you please as well as pictures from previous years events.

Registration is open to anyone, but space is limited to 100 rigs, so register quick! I think we've already got ~35 rigs down, so we've still got a good amount of space for more.

It's sure to be a hell of a good time, and I'd like to have as many toys out there as possible to represent.

Also, anyone is welcome, from stock rigs to full on buggies. Within our club we've got a good representation of each, so you wont feel left out. Personally, I'll be wheeling my mostly stock Tacoma, since I'm not quite ready to SAS it as I had previsouly planned.

More details are to come, but if you've got any questions or concerns, pm me or post up, or you can find my email adress on the website.

Thanks and gig 'em,

Garrett Waters
TCC V Chairperson
Texas A&M Off Road

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, everything is included in the $60

Registration gets you:
- TCC V T-shirt
- 1 Dinner ticket for Saturday night (most likely brisket and sausage, maybe some chicken)
- Wheeling saturday and sunday
- 1 Raffle ticket
- Camping friday and saturday night
- And 1 dash plaque

Rafle will include prizes from sponsors that are currently to be determined. Usually include a winch, tow straps, truck nutz, t-shirts, decals, gift certificates, clothing, hats, misc parts, etc. Extra raffle tickets and dinner tickets will be available for purchase.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
AggieTaco said:
Yup, everything is included in the $60

Registration gets you:
- TCC V T-shirt
- 1 Dinner ticket for Saturday night (most likely brisket and sausage, maybe some chicken)
- Wheeling saturday and sunday
- 1 Raffle ticket
- Camping friday and saturday night
- And 1 dash plaque

Rafle will include prizes from sponsors that are currently to be determined. Usually include a winch, tow straps, truck nutz, t-shirts, decals, gift certificates, clothing, hats, misc parts, etc. Extra raffle tickets and dinner tickets will be available for purchase.
From the site its self
Date: April 27-29, 2007
Entry Fee: $60 per Vehicle (Includes Dinner)
Pre-Registration Deadline: April 11, 2007

Late entries will be charged $75
T-Shirts may be in limited supply for late entries

Fee includes:
Camping on-site Friday and Saturday night
Wheeling on the property Saturday and Sunday (guided trail rides)
1 meal ticket, 1 t-shirt, and commemorative dash plaque

Please read the information packet before submitting your entry form

Information Packet

Wow that sounds like a awesome deal i'll keep it in mind..

ANYONE ELSE ???? sounds like a cool deal

anyone from Houston need a co-polit ???

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone in h-town or Dallas wants to go, but doesn't have a tow or just wants to ride along, pm me and I'll see if I can get you set up. We've got lots of former TAMOR members in Houston and Dallas, so something could probably be arranged. Also, if you just want to drive out to Katemcy and not actually wheel, we can set something up for you to just spectate/drink/eat.

Thanks guys,
g

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTT, anyone registered yet? The $$ isn't comming to me, since I'm not the treasurer, and I've been out of town for a bout a week so I haven't had time to check in on it.

If you haven't, get your registrations in! Soon we will be adding a paypal feature to www.texasclubchallenge.com so you can paypal and e-mail all of your registration.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTT

Just added a paypal option to the website, www.texasclubchallenge.com so you can paypal instead of mailing everything in.

Still no TTORA entrants as far as I know... slackers....

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, forgot about the LC roundup. Oh well.

Regardless guys, we've got a good group of sponsors set up, with donations for the raffle starting to come in. The club itself is also going to spend a good chunk of money on stuff for the raffle. Bands are still being determined.

·
Registered
28 Posts
From looking at Katemcy's website, it doesn't look like 2wd prerunners can do a whole lot out there. What do you guys think?

Damn, I really need a locker.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
tacoma02pr said:
From looking at Katemcy's website, it doesn't look like 2wd prerunners can do a whole lot out there. What do you guys think?

2WD? Open/open? :rolleyes: Find someone to ride with.

Seriously, without a rear locker and protection, you will be miserable and you will make everyone on the trail (especially those behind you) miserable.

You don't want to be "that guy".

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
valkyrie said:
Were/are you involved with the organization/planning of this event? If so, I'd like to talk to you.
Yes, I'm the chair this year.

Give me a holler on the cell if you wish, pm me for the #, or shoot me an email waters (at) tamu.edu

Garrett

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tacoma02pr said:

Yea, there's not a whole lot you can do. Some of the simple stuff, like aggie hwy you might be able to make it through. Otherwise, watching is always fun. I'm still rolling around in my stock trd and this will make my 4th trip to Katemcy. When I get to stuff I can't/don't want to handle, I park and take pictures. It's good excercise! :flipoff4:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also, if you don't want to wheel, you don't pay the whole fee. If you can find someone to ride with (if you can't let me know) you can pay the $5 rider fee (courtesy of Katemcy's rules) or you can just leave your truck outside the gate at the camp grounds and hoof it the whole way.

A majority of the fun (mainly due to consumption) is at the camp site, the stage, and the saturday night dinner/concert. It's a good time, even if you don't wheel.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ok I am the idiot that didn't know ring dance was freaking saturday night...

MissAggie damn near through a shit fit so i might be coming out friday night to party wheel saturday morning and book it back to ol CS for saturday night, who the hell wants to go to a college prom anyways?!?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
13 Participants
Amplified
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing