TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of putting some stock aluminum 16" wheels from a 2008 Tacoma on my 1998 Tacoma TRD that came with 15" wheels (31x10.5x15 tires). My reasons would be a more updated look, and the fact that my current aluminum stock wheels are getting scratched and oxidized, and the clear coat is chipping off. Would these wheels fit my truck properly? And if so, are there any other benefits with going with a 16" wheel & tires? My truck is completely stock; however, I'd like to maybe install an Old Man Emu 2" lift some time in the future.

·
Registered
37 Posts
any of the 6 lug wheels will work fine. i've got a 98 taco 4x4 and going to put 17" wheels back on mine. the ones i'm useing are off of a late 4-runner or taco and they look great!

·
Registered
418 Posts
i believe some wheels have to have hubcentric wheel spacers added to them due to the bore size for manual hubs 96-2000 tacos are larger than on the new tacomas 2001-up that have automatic locking hubs.

Not saying the 2008 wheels wont work but I believe like the 2005 model 17 inch wheels have to have hubcentric wheels pacers to fit on the early tacomas

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
the 2008 utilizes an oem BS'ing of 5.25"

the 1998 utilizes an oem BS'ing of 4.50"

* the higher the BS #... the more inboard the wheel will sit.

How could mounting the wheel 3/4" further inboard...
work correctly on a '98 ? :shiner:

and fawk using spacers :shame:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts