TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time again for the annual SoCal TTORA Anza-Borrego Run... :D

When: November 6 & 7, 2010 - Mark your calendars!

A favorite of many and one of the more popular events - Something for everyone.

Like last year, we will be camping in the Fish Creek campsite.

And here they are....
The camp site is located at:
33° 1' 24.8514"
-116° 6' 35.9454"

or

or

N 33 01 24.9
W116 06 36

To get to the camp:
Take CA-78 to Ocotillo (Ocotillo Airport),
Turn south on Split Mountain Road
Go about 8 miles south on Split Mountain Road.
Fish Creek Wash will turn off the pavement to the right (there's a sign).
Once you're on Fish Creek Wash, the camp site is 1.2 miles down on the left (there's a sign and a path).
The camp site has a bathroom (VERY clean).
The site has fire rings.
Can easily accomodate our entire group.
We can leave our camp set up while we're wheeling.
Pretty much all the trail runs will end back at the camp.

Drivers meeting 9:00 at the campsite

I am starting this thread to try to get a decent head count for who's coming, who's camping, and how many groups we'll need. Some people come out just for a day run on Saturday. Some people show up Saturday morning and camp Saturday night. Some people will show up friday evening, and camp through the whole weekend.

Drivers meeting will be held at the camp site on Saturday morning. We wheel all day, and usually wrap up at sunset. Most people will take off on Sunday, but anyone that wants to can stay and wheel for a while on Sunday too.

If you plan on attending, please Copy, Paste, and add yourself to the list below:

#.) Screen Name, Real Name, Camping, Level*
1.) Pray4Surf, Rick, Yes, 1-3
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

*Level 1 = Easy (Stock / PreRunner)
*Level 2 = Moderate (32+" Tires, Sliders)
*Level 3 = Difficult (Lift, 32+" Tires, Armor, 1 Locker, Body Damage Possible)

BRING FIREWOOD

·
Registered
5,490 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'm definitely going to try and go but I can't commit just yet. I had a really good time last year. It would be great if we could wheel our way home on Sunday like we did last year.

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
2.) sparky, Michael, Yes(fri/sat), 1-3
3.)
4.)
5.)

*Level 1 = Easy (Stock / PreRunner)
*Level 2 = Moderate (32+" Tires, Sliders)
*Level 3 = Difficult (Lift, 32+" Tires, Armor, 1 Locker, Body Damage Possible)

If you make it out to this event just once, you'll want to come back every year with us. There is so much to see and do in Anza Borrego. Make the time to come out. . . . even if it's just for the day! You won't regret it!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Dang, I have Reserves that weekend. I wonder if they will let me skip out on it? Nope I dont think so, darn it. I went last year and it was my first event with the So Cal or any TTORA people for that matter and it was a great event. I was in a camp spot with Sparky, Johnnie, ProudRunner and myself. It is worth doing again, lots for everyone and every type of rig.

·
Registered
166 Posts
its been a while since i've been down to ab. i might be able to join you guys, you don't mind a nissan tagging along, right?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
3.)MonkeyProof, Jerkface (fri/sat) 3
4.)
5.)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Might be able to make this one. I'll post up when it gets closer if we can make it. Been awhile since I joined you guys in AB. Last time I was there the Mad Dog was blowing windows out of the FJC. Hahaha. I think it might have been yellow then too.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I already had plans to camp in AB that weekend Fri, Sat and Sun. So I am thinking about meeting up with everyone for Saturday.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is there a maybe category? Just moved to SoCal so I hope I can make it but I start a new job tomorrow so I will have to see what my schedule is going to be like. How stock friendly are the trails, I am in a Access Cab TRD OR?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is there a maybe category? Just moved to SoCal so I hope I can make it but I start a new job tomorrow so I will have to see what my schedule is going to be like. How stock friendly are the trails, I am in a Access Cab TRD OR?
Just make a note on your calendar, if you can make it - Great! - - If not, there'll be other runs... There is no limit to the number of participants for this run. If you can only make it for one day :kewl:.... Not everyone chooses to camp.

Anza-Borrego IS stock friendly, if one wanted to, they could spend the whole day driving around in 2WD - Even the 'hard' runs are so-called because of one or two obstacles in the trail.

Maybe we'll see you out there!

Rick

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I haven't been involved much this past year...
busy with the time and expense of my trailer project... soooo....
I'm gonna get out for this...

3.) MonkeyProof, Jerkface (fri/sat) 3
4.) Taco(Dell, <--, yes, 1-3
5.)

·
Registered
166 Posts
yea, the last time i was out there was for the last ttora run. it was good times. i'm going to try to make it out.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts