TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's the pics?

I got home and got all my crap unloaded just in time for a huge t-storm. :cool:

All in all a good event, extra thanks to the NE guys (especially scerb) for doing all the work this year on the raffle.

We had guys from Maine, one guy from Michigan ( I need to get his name/ email address, we have a prize for him for being one of the farthest driving attendees, the other was one of the Maine guys), couple from Virginia, and all the states inbetween. Attendance was lower than usual, but we still had a good amount show up.
Thanks to everyone who showed up to support this event, and to those who helped it go off without a hitch.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Yep I had a blast even with the carnage. Thanks for tracking that kunckle down, and to the guy that gave me the kunckle Thanks Again! what is his screen name?

·
PA VP
987 Posts
i had a great time! it was nice to get out on the trails again. I'll try to get my pics posted up tonight

·
PA VP
987 Posts
Yep I had a blast even with the carnage. Thanks for tracking that kunckle down, and to the guy that gave me the kunckle Thanks Again! what is his screen name?
that was my friend brad he doesn't get on the board but i'll tell him you said thanks

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem. I played middle man for two or three parts swaps to get people back out on the trails. It's nice when the part is available, especially for you guys that drive a ways.

Who in your group drove the farthest? I think one of them was from Michigan, no? (I'm bad with names, but I'm getting better!:D) Whoever it was, PM me their name, address and email addy...there were two raffle prizes we forgot to give away, so we decided to give them to the two farthest drivers, one from Maine, and one from Michigan. One of the prizes was a wabfab slider adapter, can't remember what the other was.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Had a great time, would have been better if it wouldn't have been so hot. Scott thanks for saving me a spot to put my tent, the kickass smoked pork chop and the tarp.

I won one of the Got Propane gift certificates and now have one of his windshield kits coming for the 4 Runner. It will be nice to not get pelted with rocks on the access roads :D

I have a few things to fix, but nothing too bad. Wish I would have taken some pictures, but never got the camera out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yup great time, one of the best! Hunter had a blast and is still talking about it every minute. haha. Sunday morning he said "Is it day time yet?" I said "Yes, it is." Then in his upset crying voice, "I don't want to go home, I want to go offroading." Brought a tear to my eye.
Your lucky Scott, I hit 3 T-Storms on the way home, the one near carlisle was real bad with crazy wind and rain. It took me an extra 45min to get home.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was me...second year in a row i have drove out from mi :)
Todd,

I think we spoke for a while near our camp, like I said, it's hard putting names to faces to screen names, so I apologize if we did. Come to think of it, I'm sure we talked on trail 13 when Joe's knuckle was busted, too. :(

By the 13th or 14th annual, I'll have everyone's names down. :D

I'll have the NETC prez get in touch with you to get your prize to you. Congrats!

How many hours was your drive?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had a great time, would have been better if it wouldn't have been so hot. Scott thanks for saving me a spot to put my tent, the kickass smoked pork chop and the tarp.

I won one of the Got Propane gift certificates and now have one of his windshield kits coming for the 4 Runner. It will be nice to not get pelted with rocks on the access roads :D

I have a few things to fix, but nothing too bad. Wish I would have taken some pictures, but never got the camera out.
No problem, what happened to you? We beat the NE guys in round one of the beer pong contest, didn't see you for the rest of the night, woke up the next mornin and you were gone!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup great time, one of the best! Hunter had a blast and is still talking about it every minute. haha. Sunday morning he said "Is it day time yet?" I said "Yes, it is." Then in his upset crying voice, "I don't want to go home, I want to go offroading." Brought a tear to my eye.
Your lucky Scott, I hit 3 T-Storms on the way home, the one near carlisle was real bad with crazy wind and rain. It took me an extra 45min to get home.

I heard Hunter say that. He's an awesome kid, and it got me thinking how to fit a carseat in the ext cab of my taco so I can bring Logan along next time. I think they'll get along really well.

Thanks for the donations for the raffle, and the doors. I'll be in touch soon.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IIRC Todd said his drive was like 10 hours for Mich.
I was sitting in Quiznos/ gas station/ truck stop eating on my way home, and I seen you come around the side of the building and pull out onto the highway. I was going to run after you to get Todd's info, but figured it could wait until now. :D

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
No problem, what happened to you? We beat the NE guys in round one of the beer pong contest, didn't see you for the rest of the night, woke up the next mornin and you were gone!
I figured the NE guys would put up a good game at beer pong and it would take forever so I went to bed since I was beat from the heat. Seems like I can't drink like I used to. Woke up around 7:30 and started packing up since a number of others were up. Don't know how you guys kept sleeping with all the noise :) Had to get home to the kids and by the time I did and unpacked, that huge storm hit us and it got pretty bad with the tornado warnings and golf ball hail.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Eric (Pete's friend in the white Sammy) and I trounced the NTC guys the second round of the tournament. :D

I had a great time this year. It was nice to wheel my junk for the first time in two months. I managed to not break anything and even succeeded in making it up Outer Limits without assistance, and climbed the nasty drop on F trail!

I got some minor things to take care of on the rig, but other than that the new rod bearing on #3 held it together all weekend and I only have a faint knock now. I'm gonna run it til she blows, or I hand the motor over to Jordan once the new one is rebuilt, which ever comes first.

Being the picture whore that I am, I'm sorry to announce I don't have ANY...

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Todd,

I think we spoke for a while near our camp, like I said, it's hard putting names to faces to screen names, so I apologize if we did. Come to think of it, I'm sure we talked on trail 13 when Joe's knuckle was busted, too. :(

By the 13th or 14th annual, I'll have everyone's names down. :D

I'll have the NETC prez get in touch with you to get your prize to you. Congrats!

How many hours was your drive?
10.5 hours. We talked at camp....i wheeled with andy's group saturday so i was not around when joe broke. It probly dont help that all us ohio guys have trucks that we no longer own in our avatars lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had a great time! This was the first time wheeling my 88 so I thank you guys for your patience with me, next time I go up I'll be a little more prepared :eek: I must say, for as shity as my truck is, I am impressed that it made all day without serious damage! I know Avvy has about 500 pictures so I'm sure once he goes through them all he'll get some posted up.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I had and awesome time Saturday, it was nice to just get up there, even though I didn't have my truck it was an awesome time.

Thank you Andy for leading us around some awesome trails, and thank your for letting me ride shot gun a few times.
Thank you JT for also letting me ride with you as well, out of all the trucks I rode in, yours was the most comfy lol!
Thank you Zach for dragging my ass up there with you and driving around, glad that ol' red made it through and we will def get on it and make it more trail ready by next trip out.

Hoping that by fall crawl I will have the truck regeared and fitted on some 35s and ready to rock and hopefully not roll lol!

Wish I would have taken some pictures, but never got the camera out.
I know Avvy has about 500 pictures so I'm sure once he goes through them all he'll get some posted up.
Yes, I am going through them, I got a few of you JT so don't be tooo disappointed.

and Bruce I'M SORRY dumb ass me forgot to at least leave the DVD on your windshield or something.....

Oh and Jordan, Thank you for bringing the rest of that junk up, the truck is now the a little more complete on the inside...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
16 Participants
Fishbone
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing