TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has been asked many times, but I can't seem to find the exact problem I am having. Hoping to get some input on my problem. Jumped in the truck and turned the dial from 2HI to 4HI to put the truck in 4wd, but the truck didn't lock in (the green 4wd indicator on dash panel just kept flashing). After trying moving the truck back and forth and turning the dial back and forth, nothing worked. Under the truck I go...crawled under to see if I could hear the actuator on the transfer case move when the button is turned (it moves). I then turned my attention the small front drive shaft to see if it would turn (it wouldn't, so I figured the 4wd was locked in, but it wasn't). I then moved to the front differential actuator thinking it might not be getting power (the soldering of the terminals issue discussed on many of the threads in here), but when I checked the front actuator after turning the 4wd dial, I could hear the motor moving inside (so that tells me there is power). The only thing that I noticed was that when the 4wd dial was turned from 2HI to 4HI, I could hear the transfer case actuator move, then right after I could hear the front diff actuator move, I would expect the truck to engage into 4wd and the green light to go solid, but it didn't. What has confused me is that after the front diff actuator motor moves, I can hear a faint beeping coming directly from the actuator itself. Can anyone tell me what the beeping means and what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the problem, it was the front actuator slightly sticking. After switching from 2HI to 4HI, I could here both the transfer case actuator and the front diff actuator motors moving. I knew the rear actuator was working because it locked the front drive shaft in, but it still wasn't going into 4wd, so I assumed the problem was the front actuator. With someone in the truck switching from 2HI to 4HI, I gently tapped the front actuator with a hammer and it wasn't to long before it engaged and is now working perfectly. I believe the problem came from the truck sitting for over a week without being used while I was on vacation. These parts need to be used on a regular basis to keep them moving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts