TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have the first half of our 2011 event calender set. Some dates have not been determined yet, but we've got something going on every month through June. I am expecting a good club turnout for these trips.

Jan 7-9, 2011: Disney, OK As long as the rocks aren't under water, we'll making a trip to see one of the coolest wheeling spots in the area. The rocks in the riverbed are supposed to have tons of traction and there are obstacles for every rig. We will be watching the weather and dam releases in the weeks before this event.

February 18-20, 2011: Superlift Offroad Park, Hot Springs, AR Newbie Run with a visit from our Louisana brethren. Those of you with stock to mild rigs are invited to come do some mild wheeling in the Central Arkansas area. We'll be hitting the easier stuff so you can test out just how capable your Toyota is. We will also be having a club meeting in Hot Springs during this weekend.

March 18-20, 2011: Gilmer TX Looks like we're taking a weekend trip down to Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area. With luck we'll have some good weather.

April 9-10, 2011: Superlift Offroad Park, Hot Springs, AR AR-TTORA Takeover / Jordan's Bachelor Party.

June 2-5, 2011: Razorback Ramble, Superlift Offroad Park, Hot Springs, AR Our good friends the Razorback Land Cruisers are hosting their annual event again. We usually have a good turnout for this one.

July 2011: Head out to Hopper, AR and explore the new Twig Mountain ORV Park. Exact dates TBD. This will just be a one day trip.

September 2-5, 2011: Sicily Island, LA BSLCA and CLC have invited us to come hang out with them again at this neat little park in northern Louisiana. Only 3 of us made it last year but we had a great time. There are plenty of mild to moderate trails with some great guys from LA willing to lead the lesser built trucks around. Discussion on the BSLCA forum: http://forum.ih8mud.com/la-bayou-state-land-cruisers/483885-multi-club-sicily-island-event-september-2011-a.html

September 2011: AR-TTORA BBQ! The club is going to have a casual get together to BBQ, hang out, watch some football, and have a great time. Location will probably be either at Josh or Aaron's house (both in Central AR). Exact date TBD.

October 13-16, 2011: Southern Crusier Crawl, Superlift Offroad Park, Hot Springs, AR As usual, AR-TTORA will be well represented at the Southern Cruiser Crawl hosted by the Mississippi TLCA chapter CottonLand Cruisers. This is an event you don't want to miss! More info: http://cottonlandcruisers.com/

November 2011: AR-TTORA Fall Expedition I don't know where we're going or what we'll see, but the plan is to take a 2 day excursion through the ouachitas or ozarks with a night of camping on the trail.

December 2011: Holiday Party Get Together Get your ugly sweaters out and raise a glass of eggnog! More info and date TBD.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
BTW Josh, did you know that superlift is using your truck in their event calendar for this shindig? Pretty cool..
Nope, didn't know that. :)

Funny that it's not a picture from Superlift. :lmao:

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I pulled GSMTR off the event calendar. I don't think anyone still planned on going. If that's not the case, let me know. Also, it's getting close to time for us to have another meeting. We need to get a plan together for what we're doing the last half of 2011.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Calendar is updated. At some point this year, a few of us are gonna try to go to Clayton, OK. There might be enough 3/4 trails to keep someone busy most of one day, but the rest of the park is pretty extreme. Let me know if you're interested in making it to this. There may even be a few empty seats if anyone would like to hang out and experience one of the best wheeling spots in the Central US.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Good work, Aaron!

Any ideas on a May trip? The Flat Nasty event? I can't make any trip in May (busy, busy, busy...), but I know you and Josh are trying for something every month.

I'm excited about the trips coming up! Great diversity in the locations and experiences :cool:

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good work, Aaron!

Any ideas on a May trip? The Flat Nasty event? I can't make any trip in May (busy, busy, busy...), but I know you and Josh are trying for something every month.

I'm excited about the trips coming up! Great diversity in the locations and experiences :cool:
We had planned on GSMTR in May, but it's just too far of a trip for anyone to make right now. I'm expecting to be out of state the whole month and what weekends I am home will be spent at weddings or on a river. I would expect at least a couple guys to get restless and head to hot springs one day before the Ramble though.

Flat Nasty is just gonna have to wait for next year. That and Disney/Cass will be on the 2012 schedule for sure.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
That and Disney/Cass will be on the 2012 schedule for sure.
Just please don't schedule another Disney run in January or February, I sure would like to check that place out. Go to Cass whenever you want, I hate that f*cking place :D

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
We had planned on GSMTR in May, but it's just too far of a trip for anyone to make right now. I'm expecting to be out of state the whole month and what weekends I am home will be spent at weddings or on a river. I would expect at least a couple guys to get restless and head to hot springs one day before the Ramble though.

Flat Nasty is just gonna have to wait for next year. That and Disney/Cass will be on the 2012 schedule for sure.
Alright, alright :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
The last half of the year is pretty much planned as far as official club events goes.

Take a look at the calendar in the first post, and make plans to attend something. :D

Aaron and I decided to keep our official gatherings close by since gas ain't cheap, we're not getting richer, and we all tend to have fun no matter where we are.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I vote the Fall Expedition in November to be the "K Trail". If we make it all the way to Clayton, we could do a day or half day in the park there.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Are we still trying to plan a small get together at someones house around LR before the summer ends or we waiting for cooler weather?

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Are we still trying to plan a small get together at someones house around LR before the summer ends or we waiting for cooler weather?
Yes, Aaron and I are planning something for later this month.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts