TTORA Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Are we still trying to plan a small get together at someones house around LR before the summer ends or we waiting for cooler weather?
That's still the plan. Josh and I need to iron out the details but expect a small get together later this month. Nothing extravagant. We'll grill/smoke something and hang out. If the weather still sucks we can always drink some beer in the air conditioning.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Ya'll have dates in mind?

Only weekend I can do something is the 26-28. Just throwin' it out there...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Ya'll have dates in mind?

Only weekend I can do something is the 26-28. Just throwin' it out there...
No good, Jordan, a couple of us are going to Fayetteville to see Reckless Kelly and then work on Scott Huggins' fuel injection... But, I guess you could do it without us :)

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
No good, Jordan, a couple of us are going to Fayetteville to see Reckless Kelly and then work on Scott Huggins' fuel injection... But, I guess you could do it without us :)
What about the weekend before? I might be able to do that. I'll be in Cabot for the annual Stevens' August Birthday Bash. Seems like half their family was born in the month of August.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Afternoon / evening thing? Just trying to get my ducks marching...

EDIT: Asked Anna. We have a 40th anniversary thing at 2PM that day. Just FYI. Otherwise, I'm game and will be there!

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
August BBQ is postponed till sometime in September. We want to wait till there's a Hogs game on, and add some football watching to the activities. :D

Sorry to disappoint if you were looking forward to it. Aaron and I are both too busy for the next few weekends to plan and host it right now.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Alright, now I'm missing this hobby ya'll call wheeling. Haven't had my truck on 3 wheels in a looooong time.
So,
1. how far is Sicily Island
2. when is this BBQ

OldTruck - living life one drop at a time

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Alright, now I'm missing this hobby ya'll call wheeling. Haven't had my truck on 3 wheels in a looooong time.
So,
2. when is this BBQ

1. Pretty far. 4 - 5 hours south of me. There should be a good group of guys down there from BLSCA and CLC, but it looks like our group is too broke (both financially and truck-broke) to go.

2. My goal is to get a date set in the next week or so for the bbq. Looking at Sept 10th right now, but also considering the 17th or 24th.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
So,
2. when is this BBQ

Stacey, I was thinkin' about you and Michael the other day - no ****.

Glad you're still makin' it. Guess ag is keepin' you busier than a $5 trick at the moment.

Hope ya'll can make the BBQ!!!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Stacey hows a trip to Flat Nasty with the Crevis Crawlers sound? Were thinking end of september...no dates set in stone yet.

I suppose this is where I open invites to any of yall wanting to join us....bring em up!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Anybody started a "2012 Calendar" ? My personal organizational skills would be overly challenged by such an endeavor.
Sure would be nice to have something to look at and begin mapping out the destinations vs the funding.
OldTruck has a re-dedicated resolution on his 2012 New Year's agenda. . .

We have the first half of our 2011 event calender set. Some dates have not been determined yet, but we've got something going on every month through June. I am expecting a good club turnout for these trips.

Jan 7-9, 2011: Disney, OK As long as the rocks aren't under water, we'll making a trip to see one of the coolest wheeling spots in the area. The rocks in the riverbed are supposed to have tons of traction and there are obstacles for every rig. We will be watching the weather and dam releases in the weeks before this event.

February 18-20, 2011: Superlift Offroad Park, Hot Springs, AR Newbie Run with a visit from our Louisana brethren. Those of you with stock to mild rigs are invited to come do some mild wheeling in the Central Arkansas area. We'll be hitting the easier stuff so you can test out just how capable your Toyota is. We will also be having a club meeting in Hot Springs during this weekend.

March 18-20, 2011: Gilmer TX Looks like we're taking a weekend trip down to Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area. With luck we'll have some good weather.

April 9-10, 2011: Superlift Offroad Park, Hot Springs, AR AR-TTORA Takeover / Jordan's Bachelor Party.

June 2-5, 2011: Razorback Ramble, Superlift Offroad Park, Hot Springs, AR Our good friends the Razorback Land Cruisers are hosting their annual event again. We usually have a good turnout for this one.

July 2011: Head out to Hopper, AR and explore the new Twig Mountain ORV Park. Exact dates TBD. This will just be a one day trip.

September 2-5, 2011: Sicily Island, LA BSLCA and CLC have invited us to come hang out with them again at this neat little park in northern Louisiana. Only 3 of us made it last year but we had a great time. There are plenty of mild to moderate trails with some great guys from LA willing to lead the lesser built trucks around. Discussion on the BSLCA forum: http://forum.ih8mud.com/la-bayou-state-land-cruisers/483885-multi-club-sicily-island-event-september-2011-a.html

September 2011: AR-TTORA BBQ! The club is going to have a casual get together to BBQ, hang out, watch some football, and have a great time. Location will probably be either at Josh or Aaron's house (both in Central AR). Exact date TBD.

October 13-16, 2011: Southern Crusier Crawl, Superlift Offroad Park, Hot Springs, AR As usual, AR-TTORA will be well represented at the Southern Cruiser Crawl hosted by the Mississippi TLCA chapter CottonLand Cruisers. This is an event you don't want to miss! More info: http://cottonlandcruisers.com/

November 2011: AR-TTORA Fall Expedition I don't know where we're going or what we'll see, but the plan is to take a 2 day excursion through the ouachitas or ozarks with a night of camping on the trail.

December 2011: Holiday Party Get Together Get your ugly sweaters out and raise a glass of eggnog! More info and date TBD.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts