TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get this project up and going for several years. I've followed other peoples builds (FJ's, 4Runners, and Tacomas).
I started my project a year ago with a set of 2002 F250 axles which I got for free from a good friend of mine. I can't complain about the rust because free is free!
They will be getting completely rebuilt with Artec trusses, 5.38 Gears, ARB airlockers, and shaved with Ballistic shave kits, as well as high steer knuckles.
Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Plant
Automotive tire Tire Road surface Wood Asphalt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a northwest fabworks crawlbox with triple sticks and a used FJ transfer case to replace the stock Tacoma case. Made a support bracket for the FJ case. This will be mounted to the frame with body mount bushings and able to be unbolted from frame.
Wood Automotive tire Floor Flooring Road surface

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Aircraft

Motor vehicle Engineering Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering Gas

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ordered rebuild parts for axles, 3 link rod ends from Rock Jock 4x4. 1 1/4".
All of my front and rear 3-Link brackets are from Artec Industries as well as, my coilover towers.
I got a steering gearbox from Trail Gear which is drilled and tapped for hydro assist which is all PSC. Pump, reservoir and ram.
I plan on running inner beadlocks from Coyote. I have read great things about them as long as they are setup and installed correctly. I ordered wheels, tires and rock rings. Wheels will be steelies with rock ring welded on to protect the valve stems and outer edge of rim. Tires are 40x13.50R17 Goodyear MTR w/Kelvlar. I got a smokin' deal on them due to nothing being in stock from Discount Tire.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Bicycle drivetrain part Circle

Shipping box Wood Automotive exterior Automotive design Carton

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Wow. better than my abilities. Anymore?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts