TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup it's that time again. Get your junk fixed so you can get out for the winter club run. January 21st at RC

Here is some suggested equipment you may want to bring
High lift jack
High lift base
Tow straps
Come along
Propane torch
Ratchet straps
Fire extinguisher
Small snow shovel

Your rig shouldn't have bald ass highway tires. And it should have front and rear recovery points.

Last year was great other then a small turnout. We had around 8" of new snow and had the park to our selfs. It was 8 degrees when we got there so it was very cold too.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going with a lunchbox auto locker? You'll be fine. You'll just have to learn how to drive again

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Yah. Prolly an Aussie locker.
Dave, if you can get one put in the front diff! Now that you have manual hubs you can still drive on the street without it affecting handling. When you need 4WD only lock one of your hubs. This way you still get 4WD and not a squirly handling ass end because of it being locked all the time.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
May be up for a ride along, because there is not way I am running my open top POS when it is that cold :D It was a great time last year and even though it was cold, it was a blast.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Dave, if you can get one put in the front diff! Now that you have manual hubs you can still drive on the street without it affecting handling. When you need 4WD only lock one of your hubs. This way you still get 4WD and not a squirly handling ass end because of it being locked all the time.
Yah but don't I want to have the traction in the rear, because if I break a CV again , wouldn't the front be worthless then??

May be up for a ride along, because there is not way I am running my open top POS when it is that cold :D It was a great time last year and even though it was cold, it was a blast.
JT I may have an open seat , I doubt Laurie is gonna want to go when it is that cold.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Yah but don't I want to have the traction in the rear, because if I break a CV again , wouldn't the front be worthless then??

JT I may have an open seat , I doubt Laurie is gonna want to go when it is that cold.
If you break a CV in the front, you'll still have 4WD since the front will be locked! And this has come up a lot lately, but a bunch of people have said that a locker in the front only works better than a locker in the rear only. Either way a locker will do your rig some good!

·
Registered
965 Posts
If you break a CV in the front, you'll still have 4WD since the front will be locked! And this has come up a lot lately, but a bunch of people have said that a locker in the front only works better than a locker in the rear only. Either way a locker will do your rig some good!
On a setup where the front is strong enough to take the abuse yes it work's better cause the wieght is over the tires. Stock IFS CV's are not up to the task. I never broke a CV when I was IFS but the rear was locked:)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
You know I am in!
I am shooting to have 4.88s in the diffs and be locked in the front.

Had a blast last year up until I kissed the tree, but now really don't care so bring on the body damage!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On a setup where the front is strong enough to take the abuse yes it work's better cause the wieght is over the tires.
I'm not even sure about this. If your climbing something I would think the rears would be loaded. Which is usually when u really need a locker. On flat ground your totally right though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey guys, Hilux is 90 percent ready. Baby is now getting old enough where I MIGHT be able to pull of a wheeling mission to the creek. Hopefully I will be able to make it. I also told a close pal of mine who recently joined the toyota ranks to join the club.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If the all the Marlin goodies are installed by then:D I'm in was sorry I missed out last year I aways like this run!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet! Another victim..... Er I mean..... I'm not sure. But it looks like well have a good turnout!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
If the all the Marlin goodies are installed by then:D I'm in was sorry I missed out last year I aways like this run!
What ca getting from marlin?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
eh I'm on my iphone, the last post to show up was that one, by the time I finished writing my response I had to do a job at work, then when I finally hit send you guys filled the thread more lol

1 - 20 of 122 Posts