TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a race!

Jesse, his friend Steve and myself were busy the whole day, all 22 hours of it.
The morning pretty much started off getting familiar with the course and we tried to find someone who could hand off oil for a broke car around mile 57. That was basically no man's land.

Shortly after, while sitting a Check B we noticed some smoke coming up to our west. Then it turned to black smoke and I actually saw flames from 2 miles away. We persued. At mile 78.5 a UTV had caught fire. Driver and co-driver were a brother sister team. She suffered some burns on her hand, he was fine. While transporting them back to civilization, we were getting passed by the big boys as the unlimited race started. Jesse has video on his pone of him standing in the bed as Robby Gordon and others had a hard time seeing us through the dust wall.

Several cars got stuck at Check C, requiring extracation. Had one of them misread someone's flashlight and he thought it meant "GO", but he was still on the hook! :eek: As if that has never happened before. Lol

We had one truck stopped at mile 69.5 all day. We could see the drivers out of the truck and walking around so we knew they were fine, but the never called for assistance so we figured they had it handled. After they finally did call, about 7 hours later, we went in to help. Turns out all they neded all day was a wobbly socket to change out their starter. Luckily, I had one. The driver and co-driver worked on it for a bit, trying to get the old starter out, and finally gave up. So me and Jesse jumped under 7214 and began wrenching. We finally got the new starter in and got the truck going. Later it reported a "Fire" onthe truck. They were claerly having electrical issues.

As the night wore on, so did the cars. More and more were being littered aross the desert, west of Beer Bottle Pass. We pulled multiple into Pit 2, including Cameron Steele in his #16 Trick Truck.

If you didn't make it out to at least spectate, you missed one hell of a race. I will let Jesse chime in now. He might even have some pics or vids for y'all. I was too focused on driving the technical course.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Cool....sounds like you were kept pretty busy!!! :eek:

Wish it was on a Sunday though! :eek:

·
Registered
558 Posts
I wish i had known you were there, I was there with Letner Racing class 1 or 1500 for BITD we started 58th and ended up 2nd. so it was a pretty good day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
7sx_Tacoma
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing