TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we still want to have em? Who wants to step up and lead them and for which month?

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
they seemed like a good thing to me. helped draw in a few new members and gave some old members a chance to give back a little. some obviously had better turnouts than others but overall they seemed like a good thing.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I think they're a good idea and would we willing to lead one; preferably June or later (since in theory my rig's getting a decent amount of work between now and then) but you could probably convince me to do April.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
What kind of trails would be a "stocker run"? Ive run Wheeler lake stock, I'm not sure that counts for somone just starting though.

I'll prerun Hacket Gulch here soon to see if that is stocker worthy.

I might be down to lead one.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I would be happy to lead one or two stocker runs.

I already have a couple trails in mind.

Weather permitting I'd do one in May or June.

Then another later in the year, say August or September.

My 88 might be under the knife at the bginning of the season, but I could bring my taco out of retirement for these runs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you continue to have them I'll try make a few. My work schedule was the only thing stopping me in 2011.

·
Registered
523 Posts
What kind of trails would be a "stocker run"? Ive run Wheeler lake stock, I'm not sure that counts for somone just starting though.

I'll prerun Hacket Gulch here soon to see if that is stocker worthy.

I might be down to lead one.
I was up there a few weekends ago there is still a lot of snow up there, and they only plowed a little after the last house on the left if your coming from divide, but let me know when you head up there i might be down to run it with you

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'd like to see some more. I get in a handful of runs but most of them are my dad's and Kyle's truck level so I can never bring mine. :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
I would be happy to lead one or two this year. I think they are great. Carnage stocker was my first ttora run and was a blast. I am out wheeling and or camping just about every weekend in the spring through fall and some in the winter!

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool. It sounds like these will happen again this year. I will get an events calendar going and try to organize who is slated for each months.

If you want to lead one please pm my what month and trail you are thinking. final dates should be picked by the begining of the month you choose.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still need someone to step up for may, july and october. Would be nice to have one or two down south.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Put me down for July, I'm going to run Kingston peak.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool. I checked pms before this thread and nate had taken july but no harm in two runs in the middle of the summer, or it can get dropped to one depending on what happens.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I could lead a southern stocker run some time this summer. It'll have to be a Sunday though. I was thinking Medano or Hermit pass. Dunno if hermit will be open to the top by May but Medano is usually open by memorial day.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That would be awesome. just let me know what month you are thinking. Having two in one month is not a bad thing.

May is still open for anyone wondering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If its what it sounds like, than i would like to do one. May would be good. Wish i was a member longer, planning trips is one of my hobbies. i got trips from march this weekend(monarch) to august alredy booked.Yit Yit

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you are feeling up for it that would be great. Stocker runs are just monthly runs set up on one of the easier trails so that a stock toyota can make it without too much trouble. The aim is to try amd make sure we keep runs going to get the newer members more active and let people who are new to the sport meet other people to wheel with.

·
Registered
600 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts