TTORA Forum banner

2012 takeover

17K views 95 replies 24 participants last post by  OffRue 
#1 ·
Well its time to start thinking about it.

Do we have another? Where? When? Ect..........

Please discuss. If work stays like it has been for me I will likely not have very much time to help with the planning this year. I do vote to have it later in the season this time though if we do it again.

#2 ·
Not sure where the prime trails are around me yet but hopefully I will have my 82 up and in good running condition by the time it comes up. Even if I don't I'll Come with my buddy who does. I gave him the yota bug lol and now he's in the process of buying a 1981 yota.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
What are the options for places we can organize a large group with trails near by?
I think later in the season would be better to accommodate higher altitude trails.

#4 ·
Not this shit again. Didn't you learn your lesson from last time? bunch of fuckin pussy's wandering around drunk talkin about how great a wheeler you all are.

Here's a reminder:
food sucked
unorganized
no bon-fire
no prizes
no real wheelers (well, there was that group of **** bashing their shit on carnage, but they don't know how to drive, so they don't count)

#13 ·
I gotta figure out who this dolfunshortz is. I have a few guesses of some disgruntled former "members", but I didn't see them at last years event. Maybe they stopped by at some point?? I think Dave might have still been in jail, I don't think Layton has the balls... Steve brace maybe?

Ah, who gives a crap.. fuck off, or come wheel and show us how it's done.

Anyhow, GJ sounds good to me. I keep wanting to get over there and wheel too.

#5 ·
Haha... this guy again? Classic. Did we ever figure out who this loser that's too much of a pussy to reveal his identity is?

#8 ·
Personally I think BV area is played out. The Toyota Jambo pretty much already has that.

Maybe consider Grand Junction, various places around the foothills, maybe even the Springs?

#9 ·
There is always the crested butte area we could all camp at Taylor Res. Plenty of room, or telluride

#14 ·
Haven't spent too much time in that area of the state yet!! Good variety of trails down there?

#10 ·
Location could be anywhere.

Bv works great but is overused.

Fj summit is in ouray but I don't know that there is much for buggies that way.

Grand junction area is tempting but I haven't made it out that way yet to check out the trails.

#11 ·
Grand Junction area. You have a few trails (21rd, Billings canyon, Bangs Canyon, a huge play groud out 27 1/4 and 29 rd down the rd about 50 or 60 miles in Montrose got the die triing area. and a few easyer trails inbetween)
Also a thought mabye set up something at Rangley. For the Grand Junction area May June or september november would be the best to stay away from the heat. Let me know if you want to do it in the GJ area I can help set things up

#27 ·
GJ would be fun but like ike said, at least as far as members that post regularly, we dont have a lot of collective knowledge of that part of the state. If we could get some who know the area to speak up or get a few people to head out and pre-run some trails earlier in the year it could be a good area.

#31 ·
dstrbd2 is from the GJ area. I'm sure he can help us identify some trails for all levels as well as some camping spots possibly. Of course, there'll have to be pre-running :D

the bill burke thing was just in the GJ OHV area, which ive played around in and was far from impressed. its just a rolling desert area. but it would be good for a stocker run or to hold our own recovery clinic if someone wanted to do something like that for takeover.
Would you have been more impressed with the OHV area if you weren't as experienced a wheeler or just looking for something mild to play on for a while?

#29 ·
the bill burke thing was just in the GJ OHV area, which ive played around in and was far from impressed. its just a rolling desert area. but it would be good for a stocker run or to hold our own recovery clinic if someone wanted to do something like that for takeover.

#32 ·
my experience in the OHV area was actually from a few years ago when I was a total newb. Think my truck had a lift and sliders by that point, not even a rear locker. I just had an afternoon to burn while I was out in that area so I just went out to cruise around. Its the kind of place where an LT truck could have a little fun but as far as crawling goes theres not much. saw lots of full size mall crawlers out there playing in a few mud pits. Maybe its eroded and changed in the last few years but that was my experience then.

#34 ·
I am more than willing to help out over here. There is a fairly good selection over here. A few trails in the area more for built rigs would be 21rd, billings canyon, and die triing. more in the stocker range there is bangs canyon, coal canyon, the desert(29rd). From GJ it takes a couple of hours to get to the Silverton area nothing to hard great views mostly stock friendly. As far as per running if I can find some one to run with me I will try to pre-run every trail. No major projects planned for the toy this winter so it should be good to go this spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.