TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Jambo was a good time. I didn't get out as much as I wanted this year but had fun.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Because of the fires, I only got to do one trail run and that was with Chris Blair and Jay. Those guys are are always top quality folks to wheel with. I'll miss the whale but can't wait to see what Chris's new rig will do.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Wheeling life: Jambo fo sho; gotta love the raffle prizes. :cool:

Life life: buying then scrapping the 4Runner; it made me realize there is such a thing as "too many goddamn projects". :saw:

·
Registered
785 Posts
wheeling life: crawling a stack of tires in my driveway, then backing the truck back in to the garage to continue the build.

life life: moving to colorado, meeting some cool new friends, and starting to build our rig. Life is great out here so far.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Mine was being able to do Holy Cross in a nearly stock IFS truck, during the Jambo. Had some troubles but, hell, that's the fun part

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never did take my rig out this year. It was just bad timing. I will say that seeing my hydro assist in action up and down the street was a highlight. I also enjoyed meeting new members and helping. We need more meet and greets next year.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
No wheeling with the new rig yet.

But I got a big boy job and moved halfway across the country

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Jambo for sure! Wheeling Blanca, Wheeler, Iron Chest, and Indy - Patriot in a row was a blast. My October Moab trip rocked too! Driving Mickeys Hot tub twice and Escalator twice with no issues was awesome!

The low - having a 17 year old girl pull out in front of me in Canon City on my way home from Moab. $27K of damage to my 2006 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab :banghead::banghead: Thanks for totaling out my tow rig bitch!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
So a new tow rig coming soon?
Not at the current time. I was tired of the $500 month payment and $400/ month fuel bill. I'll just borrow my dad's 04 CTD when I need to tow the once or twice a month that I truly "needed" a truck. It was an expensive daily driver.

So I replaced it with an 07 FJ Cruiser. It doesn't get any better fuel mileage, hahahaha. But I'm excited about having a mild wheeling rig!!!

·
7,735 Posts
2012 sucked for me as far as wheeling goes.

Trashed my rig in Feb and I haven't had the time/money/motivation at the same time to get it back on the trail.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Seems like it wasn't a good year for most. Not alot of wheeling done this year.
Sorry for all who diddn't get to get out as much as they wanted. Hope next year this is not the case. I did however get to run quite a bit. The scofield pass 2 day run was a blast. I finally ran spring creek and made it through with open diffs (was a challenge). Got through to the plane crash, that trail was fun. I got to smash the runners fuel tank on a stocker run (idiot). All in all I can't complain about the amount of trail fun I had this year.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Only 2 more days of life as we know it. I plan on wheeling my runner everyday next year as my survival/zombie crushing/pole shifting/planet aligning/earthquake blanding/solar flare reflecting/firearm banning/obamacare rejecting/global warming deterring/overpopulation cancelling/fracking banning/disease preventing/virus checking/foot warming/....shit, dinner time, Hopefully wheeling a lot more next year!!! Happy Holidays!!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Fify!

only 2 more days of life as we know it. I plan on wheeling my runner everyday next year as my survival/zombie crushing/pole shifting/planet aligning/earthquake blanding/solar flare reflecting/firearm banning/obamacare rejecting/global warming deterring/overpopulation cancelling/fracking banning/disease preventing/virus checking/foot warming/....shit, dinner time, hopefully wheeling a lot more next year!!! Merry Christmas!!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well, my family is JEWISH. Not me but I RESPECT whatever wackiness anyone wants to believe in. Never been afraid to admit how I was raised and stand up for myself when others are too ignorant to keep their beliefs to themselves. To each, his own.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts