TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, i know i dont post much anymore since i totaled my 2001 tacoma but i wanted to share with you a few things. After totaling my old truck, i purchased a brand new 2013 4 door long bed pre runner and i have left it stock. After having this truck for a few thousand miles (i dont remember the specific mileage) i noticed a serious vibration from the brakes/ drive line.

1. After taking my truck into the stealership, they replaced the rear drums and the truck quit vibrating.

2. Later i took the truck back in complaining because the vibration started again. They told me that they have had several issues with a DRIVELINE and brake vibration out of the 2013 trucks. They told me to wait for the bulletin to come out.

3. They did the bulletin to my truck and it didn't help any. The bulletin included a trans mount as well as a new leaf pack with a slight pinion wedge. This didnt do crap.

4. I still had the vibration and later figured something else out. Upon being on the highway with my truck and a trailer hauling a quad, when it hit 60 mph my truck had absolute vibration FROM HELL. I literally couldn't exceed 55mph and i had people practically road raging me off the highway.

5. As i went back in and kept everyone at the stealership in the loop, they scheduled an appointment with a high level tech that travels around the south east looking at all these specific recall issues. He took a look at the truck and suggested a complete brake replacement. This helped the issue but he also mentioned that the engineers in California are scrambling to find a fix to this drive line issue as the cases with this vibration have been adding up.

6. I would like to notate that there are two separate vibrations here. There is a drive line vibration as well as a brake vibration.

7. As for now i am awaiting the new update to fix the drive line vibration. The brake vibrating has gone away again but my question is, when will it come back? Last time when they replaced the drums, the vibration returned. I am quickly driving this truck out of the warranty and i was concerned that i would be left to replace brakes when they start vibrating again. I was comforted by the service manager that since i have a documented case with issues, no costs will be left to me. THIS is why i buy a Toyota. Toyota spends more in good will warranty than any other car company.

8. I will continue to keep you all up to date on this issue. I was contacted by Toyota saying that they have finally fixed the issue and will be releasing the fix soon. I heard that it is a set of 4 different leaf packs with pinion wedges. What the hell is this? They are going to have to try all 4 different packs until they figure out which one works? Very weird.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There was a guy over on TW with similar complaints. They tried all kinds of stuff. Finally they swapped out the tires and the problem stopped.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the same because the factory ones suck. I sitched to michillens and still have the problem.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Subscribed. My 14 DC SB 4x4 has a driveline vibe at 25-30mph. Only have 900 miles on it so I'll have it looked at during my first olf change.
Hey Terry, i would recommend calling your service adviser first to save yourself a trip to toyota. They are going to look at your truck and make you come back to get the springs installed. If you call and set it up ahead of time you will save yourself a trip!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hey Terry, i would recommend calling your service adviser first to save yourself a trip to toyota. They are going to look at your truck and make you come back to get the springs installed. If you call and set it up ahead of time you will save yourself a trip!
Meh. Got some Ironman springs and Bilstein 5100's coming this week along with wheels and tires. We 'll see if it still shakes when I'm done.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Update on my truck. I installed my 5100 front shocks and the Ironman leaf packs with a one inch block and my vibration is almost completely gone. It has just a tiny bit of wobble as soon as you take off from a stop, but none at the 20-30mph range it had before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts