TTORA Forum banner

2013 winter run(s) pics to come

4K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  surfishjoe 
#1 ·
Avy and Andy hit it week 1 got some fresh powder. Avy post up pics (and a report) if you have any. Myself, an 05 taco (OZ), and Andy hit up week 2 and had an absolute blast. Ran a new trail, christened my new high lift when I high centered my leaf spring plate on a super pointy rock, same rock took out my buddys valve stem shortly afterward. Andy put on a clinic on how to use the high lift to seperate bead and luckily had a spare stem. Andy, u da man!!!!! Got back underway and had a fun day playing on some slushy trails. Had newbie passengers along in both our rigs and they freaking loved it! Let them drive a bit too. I will work on posting some pics but be patient it may take a little bit of time. Big thanks to Andy for the valve stem trail repair. Will be adding that to the spare parts selection as well as a core removal tool. A u-bolt flip is up next for my rig! Beautiful warmish day for wheelin. Rock Toy did you go Sunday?

#2 ·
I did go cutting. We cut a new trail that drop's into a massive bowl. Most of us cutting it named it Rimjob but I dont think its going to stick for some reason. The hole is probly 100ft deep and I couldnt get back out without a winch. After that we scoped out the next trail we are cutting. Then we headed to the freshly reworked trail 20 with a GPS. They dropped the GPS in my rig and had me run it and I found its about twice as long as before:)

We got a call a Jeep was broken at Crawler ridge and needed help. Got over to find his LF knuckle came off cause it broke a U-joint and he tried driving it. No trail fixing where it was so we used 2 winch's and a highlift to spin the rig. Then we backed up the ******* tow truck:D Winched it up onto the back of my truggy and then strapped it down. Literally drove out with his Jeep front end up on my truggy from Crawler ridge through the water holes and all:)

#4 ·
Most of us cutting it named it Rimjob but I dont think its going to stick for some reason.
HA...Rimjob...that's great!!

Pics of hauling out jeep would be nice to see.

#6 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Joe it was tatas that we went on. Cool entrance If you drive down in it. Black loop was neat too.

I don't Facebook so no pics for me.

The highlight of the week before was blasting up the power line on the west property at 15-20 mph. Baja style

#18 ·
Here is what I got from Andy and I's Run.
All poser shots since it was just us.

Andy made me stop so he could take the pictures since normally I get shots of everyone else instead of myself

And just for shits and giggles

For IFS I am really happy with the flex I have. the suspension set up I have really works great...

#19 ·
That last pic is of my drive shaft digging into my gas tank skid...

#23 ·
Gave my truck a tree tatoo today

Sweet shots Avy, thanks for posting them. I hit some new trails today here in Jersey, went with a linked cherokee on 33 x 10.5s and my buddy OZ in the 05. Well lets just say things got a little tight following around the jeep all afternoon. Passenger side top of the bed kissed a tree put a nice dent in. Sliders and front bumper got a serious workout fending of trees. Sick wheeling though, very challenging for local stuff. They say the first one hurts the worst.

#25 ·
I know I am slacking on the pics, Drew said the videos didn't come out so hot and I am having computer issues. I will try and get em up- eventually! At least I tricked Avy into posting pics, Ha! Life just keeps getting in the dam way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.